Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- The Bengals co-ordinators spent Monday taking phone calls from other teams arranging interviews for head coa

in Bundespolitik 24.10.2018 08:49
von jokergreen0220 • 1.793 Beiträge

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- The Bengals co-ordinators spent Monday taking phone calls from other teams arranging interviews for head coaching jobs. Wholesale Miami Dolphins Jerseys . Coach Marvin Lewis isnt going anywhere, not even with that 0-5 playoff record. And Andy Dalton apparently is entrenched, too. He was reassured on Monday that hes still the franchise quarterback. The Bengals tried to move on Monday from one of the most painful moments in franchise history, a 27-10 loss at home to San Diego that stamped them as one of the NFLs worst playoff teams of all time. "Well be fine," Lewis said. "Today sucks. Well be better. Well be all right." When it comes to the playoffs, it cant get much worse. The Bengals havent won a playoff game since the 1990 season, a 23-year streak of futility thats tied for sixth-longest in NFL history. Theyve lost their opening playoff game three straight seasons, tying the NFL record. And Lewis is fast rising up the charts for post-season coaching defeats. Hes 0-5 in 11 years as the Bengals head coach. Only Jim Mora started his career with more consecutive playoff losses (6). The five straight playoff losses are tied for second-most overall -- Marty Schottenheimer, Jim Mora and Steve Owen lost six each. And the five straight playoff losses are the second-most with one team, trailing only the Giants Owen, who lost six playoff games in an 11-year span from 1939-1950. Lewis has a year left on his contract and is safe in Cincinnati, where owner Mike Brown is reluctant to change. Lewis bristled on Monday when asked if hes in a unique situation that way. "I dont think the situation is unique at all," Lewis said. "I think if the other places were in the situation -- they lost a playoff game after winning the division -- their head coach would be in place. Dont you?" The big off-season question is whether theyre still fully committed to Dalton, who has been horrid in three playoff losses. Dalton turned the ball over three times in the second half on Sunday, and has one touchdown pass and six interceptions in his three post-season games. Offensive co-ordinator Jay Gruden said on Monday that Dalton shouldnt be singled out for blame, noting the entire offence struggled. He acknowledged that Dalton played poorly in the second half, when Cincinnati was outscored 20-0. "If there is one negative, I think that Andy probably pressed a little too much and tried to do too many things out of pocket which is not what his strength is," Gruden said. Dalton is entering the final year on his deal, so the Bengals have to decide whether to offer a long-term extension or consider other options. Lewis reassured him on Monday that his confidence in him hasnt wavered. "I think everybody knows what Ive been able to do here, what weve been able to do since Ive been here as a team," Dalton said. "And so I think Ive got a lot of confidence in the stuff Marvin has been telling me. I expect to be here for a long time. Im hoping that is the case." Theres a chance both co-ordinators could move on. Gruden said the Vikings, Titans and Redskins have contacted him about interviews later in the week. Defensive co-ordinator Mike Zimmer expects to have three interviews later in the week, though he wouldnt identify the teams. Both have interviewed for head coaching jobs in the past. The defence finished the season ranked No. 3 and the offence was No. 10. "Ive been in the league now three years as a co-ordinator and obviously with my brother (Jon) for a lot of years," Gruden said. "If that challenge were to come about, I think Id be ready. But Im happy staying here too." Zimmer has been Cincinnatis defensive co-ordinator for six seasons. Hes never been a head coach. "You never know what happens," he said. "Who calls? Whos really interested? Whos not? Theres so many different variables." Players tossed their gear in bags and put their old cleats in donation boxes in the locker room on Monday, knowing theyre in for another year of shouldering the label of the team that cant win the big one. When asked whether hell look back on the 11-win, AFC North championship season as a partial success or as a total disappointment, linebacker Vontaze Burfict winced. "Its a disappointment," he said. ---- NOTES: The Bengals signed WR Cobi Hamilton, C T.J. Johnson, DE David King, CB Onterio McCalebb, LB Bruce Taylor and C Scott Wedige to futures contracts. All were on the practice squad and will count on the active list following the Super Bowl. Xavien Howard Jersey . Top-seeded Djokovic, who is making only his second appearance this year after reaching the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, was a 6-3, 6-3 winner over 54th-ranked Istomin of Uzbekistan. "It wasnt as easy as the scoreline indicates," said Djokovic, who has won in Dubai on four occasions. Kenyan Drake Jersey .J. Hardy finally got in on the fun Saturday, against a likely opponent. http://www.cheapdolphinsjerseyssale.com/?tag=luke-falk-jersey-sale . After just two league games in June, Toronto (6-4-1) will go on to play seven in July plus a friendly against Tottenham. Five of those contests are against Eastern Conference opposition, meaning valuable points in the playoff race are on the line. SAN DIEGO -- Reigning NL Cy Young Award winner Clayton Kershaw wont be ready to come off the disabled list when hes eligible to be activated on April 14, Los Angeles Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said Tuesday. "This thing is going to take some time," Mattingly said before the Dodgers played the San Diego Padres. The Dodgers said that after consultation with Dr. Neal ElAttrache and a review of an MRI scan, Kershaw will be placed on a rehab that includes a submaximal throwing program for the next two to three weeks. He will then be re-evaluated by ElAttrache to determine when he can start throwing at increased velocity. Kersshaw will likely have to make a rehab start before he can return, Mattingly said. Cheap Football Dolphins Jerseys. Kershaw was placed on the DL on Sunday with a swollen muscle in his left upper back. He already had been scratched from his scheduled start on Sunday after an MRI revealed the problem. Mattingly says Kershaw was supposed to have thrown before Tuesdays game but didnt because it was cool and damp. Also Tuesday, Mattingly said outfielder Matt Kemp is close to coming off the disabled list, but hell have to prove that hes not afraid to slide into a base or stop quickly while rounding a base. Kemp is rehabbing from ankle surgery. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor