Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

Montreal Canadiens forward George Parros lost his balance in a fight against Toronto Maple Leaf Colton Orr, fell to the ice and

in Bundespolitik 24.03.2020 08:50
von jokergreen0220 • 1.793 Beiträge

Montreal Canadiens forward George Parros lost his balance in a fight against Toronto Maple Leaf Colton Orr, fell to the ice and knocked himself out cold. Geronimo Allison Super Bowl Jersey . The Princeton grad is out indefinitely with a concussion. This latest fight-related injury has once again sparked a debate as to whether fighting belongs in the game. From a legal standpoint, the question is this: could the National Hockey League be held liable for brain trauma sustained while playing the game? Could someone like Parros come back and sue the league? This type of question comes up a lot in light of the National Football Leagues concussion lawsuits. About 4,500 retired players sued the NFL alleging that the league concealed the long-term impact of headshots. The NFL settled that case when it agreed to pay the players nearly a billion dollars (however, the settlement has not yet been approved by the Court and any player has the option to opt out of the settlement and file his own lawsuit). While the NFL has agreed on a settlement, that doesnt mean that a court would have found for the players. The same goes for the NHL if a player like Parros ever sued. Indeed, players today would have some obstacles to overcome if they wanted to be successful in court. First, the collective bargaining agreement, which is agreed upon by the players, provides that issues of player health and safety go to arbitration and not court. There is also the really important issue of consent. In hockey, when a player steps on the ice, he consents to bodily harm that is accepted as being part of the game. In the case of Parros, he is a fighter and knows there is a serious risk of injury. As well, players today have a better and more meaningful understanding of the long-term risk associated with playing hockey. Its not a secret that a player may endure cognitive struggles later on in life. The final hurdle for player to overcome is something at law called causation. How does a player show that his brain damage was caused as a result of playing in the NHL? Very sadly, this is one limitation facing the Derek Boogaard lawsuit against the NHL. Boogaard fought for nine seasons in the WHL, ECHL and AHL before playing the NHL. It may not be clear where the damage was caused. While these hurdles may discourage a lawsuit, they dont completely remove the risk of one materializing. Merits of a case aside, a player may still elect to sue the league if, for example, he believes that the league is responsible for brain trauma sustained while playing. And a lawsuit would bring with it negative publicity for the game. No business likes that, and the NHL is likely no different. The discussion about the utility of fighting has been rising over the past few years as the public becomes more aware and sensitive to the potential long-term impact of headshots. Indeed, there seems to be a trend emerging: concerns over fighting have become part of the narrative of the game of hockey and they dont seem to be going away anytime soon. JK Scott Super Bowl Jersey . He had spent 16 days on the disabled list before being activated Thursday. He was batting just .203 when he came to bat in the 11th inning on Sunday. Rashan Gary Super Bowl Jersey . Altidore strained his left hamstring in the Americans opener against Ghana on June 16 and didnt play in their next two games. "We dont know how much because we need to see how hes going, but hes available," U. https://www.packersrookiestore.com/Packers-Elgton-Jenkins-Jersey/ . So true. It is one thing to create a winning football team, and another to keep it winning. Each and every week it changes. The NFL creates a unique interest of not who is "the best", but much more who is "the best this week".MIAMI - Tim Duncan offered a rare acknowledgement: Hes thinking about the end of his career. No, the San Antonio star didnt announce retirement plans during an off day at the NBA Finals on Wednesday. But a player who has almost always declined the chance to discuss his own legacy after 17 seasons in the NBA — all with the Spurs — Duncan provided a glimpse of whats going through his mind as his career is clearly much closer to the end than the beginning. "I think in the last couple years Ive really kind of taken a step back and stopped and enjoyed what the journey means," Duncan said on the eve of Game 4 of these NBA Finals against the Miami Heat, a series that the Spurs lead 2-1. "I think, as it comes to a close on my career — and I know it is — I appreciate it more." The 38-year-old Duncan has been superb so far in this series, averaging 17.7 points on nearly 65 per cent shooting from the floor. If the Spurs win the championship, it would be Duncans fifth crown. Only 13 players in NBA history havve ever been part of more championship series than that. Darnell Savage Jr. Super Bowl Jersey. And if Spurs coach Gregg Popovich knows Duncans exit plans — this year, next year, or otherwise — hes not tipping his hand. "It will probably be the third quarter of some game on the road some year, and hell feel like hes not as significant and hell walk into the locker room," Popovich said earlier in this series. Before the start of this rematch finals against Miami, Duncan — who has an option for next season at just over $10 million, an absolute bargain by NBA standards for someone at his level of production — said hes not thinking about retirement and doesnt even "care about any of that stuff." On Wednesday, he acknowledged that hes savoring these finals, since nothing about the future is ever guaranteed. "I appreciate every game more," Duncan said. "I appreciate every accomplishment, and everything that we get to go through and every experience, knowing that it might be the last time I do it." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor