Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

terviews have been lined up since he was hired, but would not reveal names. Previous head coaching experience in the NFL is not

in Bundespolitik 20.03.2020 07:08
von jokergreen0220 • 1.793 Beiträge

CLEVELAND -- The Portland Trail Blazers kept it real simple with the game on the line. Nick Allegretti Jersey . Just get the ball to Damian Lillard, and get out of the way. No need for any fancy calls when Lillards on the court. The point guard made a tiebreaking 3-pointer with 0.4 seconds remaining, lifting Portland to a 119-116 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Tuesday night. "There is no explaining it," Blazers coach Terry Stotts said. "Damian had it going, so we ran it through him." Lillard had a career-high eight 3-pointers while scoring 36 points. The 2013 NBA Rookie of the Year also had a fadeaway jumper as time expired to give Portland a 111-109 overtime victory over Detroit on Sunday. "That was cold-blooded," Cleveland guard Dion Waiters said. "We knew Lillard was getting the ball. That was a big-time shot." Anderson Varejaos tying basket for Cleveland with 7.1 seconds left prompted a Portland timeout. Lillard took the pass at mid-court, dribbled to the top of the key and buried the winning shot over Alonzo Gee from about 26 feet out. "Hes more capable of dribble-driving by you and finishing," Cleveland coach Mike Brown said. "Their last game he drove by somebody and shot a pull-up. So you pick your poison." Lillard had enough time to drive to the basket, but he decided to shoot from beyond the arc. "I didnt want to get in too deep because theyve got some giants in there," Lillard said. "And Alonzo Gee is a great athlete, so I didnt want to drive on him. I gave him a move to get him off balance, and I wanted to be ready when I froze him." Portland (22-4) has the best record in the NBA and is 11-0 against the Eastern Conference. The Blazers have won five straight and are 12-2 on the road. Kyrie Irvings bid for a tying 3-pointer from about 35 feet bounced off the back of the rim at the buzzer. Irving and Waiters scored 25 points apiece for Cleveland. LaMarcus Aldridge had 26 points and 15 rebounds for Portland. Lillards 3-pointer with 5:47 remaining gave Portland a 104-101 lead. Lillard then found Wesley Matthews for another 3, and Aldridges jumper pushed the lead to 109-101 with 4:16 to play. Matthews made a 3-pointer and Aldridge scored to make it 114-104 with 2:15 remaining. Irving then scored nine straight points for the Cavaliers, including a three-point play with 33.8 seconds left that cut the lead to 116-114. After Aldridge missed in the lane, the Cavaliers called timeout with 16.5 seconds remaining. Irving drove into the lane and found Varejao, who tied the game. "That was an offensive shootout by both teams," Stotts said. "They made a great comeback to tie the game, but we keep finding a way to win. Obviously, Damian was fantastic." Waiters scored 11 points in the fourth quarter. He missed the morning shootaround after banging knees with teammate Tyler Zeller in practice Monday. Lillard hit three 3-pointers within a span of 1:09 in the third quarter as the Blazers scored nine straight points to overcome a 69-61 deficit. The Blazers began their four-game trip with a 35-point win in Philadelphia on Saturday in which they hit 21 3-pointers and followed that with two dramatic victories. They went 15 for 33 from long range against the Cavs. Cleveland scored the first nine points of the fourth quarter to take a 97-92 lead. Six points by Waiters and a 3-pointer by Earl Clark accounted for the run. The game featured two of the hottest players in the league. Irving was named Eastern Conference Player of the Week on Monday after averaging 29 points in three games last week. Aldridge was named the Wests top player for the third time this season after averaging 25.5 points in the Blazers four wins last week. Cleveland has lost to Miami and Portland by a total of 10 points in its last two games. NOTES: Tuesday marked the second career matchup between Irving and Lillard. The two faced off in Portland in January when Irving scored 31 points and Lillard was held to 13 in Clevelands 93-88 win. ... The Cavaliers scored 59 points in the first half, the most they have totalled in the first two quarters this season. ... The Blazers end their trip Wednesday against Minnesota. ... Portland rookie G C.J. McCollum, a Canton native, hasnt played this season because of a broken left foot. James Winchester Jersey . Bookies were offering odds of 13/1 before kickoff that the home team Houston Dynamo would prevail by three goals to nil. Darwin Thompson Jersey . On Monday night, many fans in this city placed the blame squarely on the captain for his role in the James Neal overtime winner against the Pittsburgh Penguins. http://www.customchiefsjersey.com/custom-demarcus-robinson-jersey-large-2046n.html . On Saturday night, Winnipegs strong offense was again accompanied by some fantastic pitching which gave the Fish a commanding victory.LAKE FOREST, Ill. - New Chicago Bears general manager Ryan Pace recalled driving from Eastern Illinois to New Orleans in a beat up car for a job interview all those years ago.From working in game-day operations with the Saints for a year to rising through their front office and landing Chicagos general manager job, it has been quite a climb.Pace was introduced Friday as the Bears GM, charged with turning around a franchise with just one playoff appearance in the past eight years.Im really proud of the path that I took. It just makes me smile, said Pace, who at 37 is the leagues youngest general manager.Pace comes to Chicago after 14 years with the Saints — 13 in their personnel department.He has a big task rebuilding a team that went 5-11 and fired GM Phil Emery and coach Marc Trestman after one of the most disappointing seasons in recent memory.Pace, a defensive end at Eastern Illinois in the late 1990s, helped build a championship team with the Saints. He also was the interim GM during the Bountygate sanctions.I was in a good situation in New Orleans, he said. I worked with great people there in a good environment. I wasnt one of those guys looking to jump to the next job. This was a very thorough and calculated decision by me and my family. And thats because this is a historic franchise that desperately wants to win and theyre willing to do whatever it takes for that to happen. And I want to be leading that charge.Topping Paces to-do list is hiring a coach.As for Cutler, who signed a seven-year, $126 million deal after the 2013 season, Pace is not ready to draw any conclusions. The contract makes him tough to trade. Cutting Cutler could be an option if the Bears decide not to keep him.I want to get to know Jay, he said. I want to get to know him further before I come to these conclusions.Pace beat out Kansas City Chiefs director of player personnel Chris Ballard, who spent 12 years in Chicago working under Emery and his predecessor Jerry Angelo, along with Tennessee Titans vice-president of player personnel Lake Dawson and Houston Texans director of pro personnel Brian Gaine.Pace will report directly to team president Ted Phillips and will lean heavily on him along with chairman George McCaskey and consultant Ernie Accorsi in the coaching search. But he will have final say on that as well as the makeup of the roster.I want to win, he said. The challenges, the first step, again is hiring the right head coach to hellp me lead that charge. Mike Webster Jersey. And thats all Im focused on right now. Thats the most critical thing we can do right now. I think it helps me, again, to have a step-by-step plan in my head — a progressive plan — and right now, thats hiring a head coach, Step 1.Phillips said Pace impressed the Bears during his interview.He just did a great job, from showing intensity, from showing toughness, from really being able to articulate the kind of head coach he wants and how to build the roster, he said.The Bears interviewed Seattle defensive co-ordinator Dan Quinn and Denver offensive co-ordinator Adam Gase before Pace was hired. They also interviewed Arizona defensive co-ordinator Todd Bowles on Thursday right after they hired their GM.Pace, who was in on that session, indicated he wont hire a coach based on a certain scheme. He said more interviews have been lined up since he was hired, but would not reveal names. Previous head coaching experience in the NFL is not a requirement.He mentioned how the Saints hiring of Sean Payton in 2006 sparked a jump from 3-13 in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina to the NFC South championship. Signing Drew Brees obviously helped, but the new coach was quickly able to get his players to buy in.Sean came from (Bill) Parcells, so discipline was important right off the bat, Pace said. But Sean has a charisma, a confidence and an energy to him thats infectious. I think thats important, you know? When a head coach gets in front of the room, think about it, hes selling his plan to the players. And there needs to be buy-in. Sean Payton has that, and well be looking for some of those qualities.He mentioned re-establishing Chicagos identity as a team that relies on the run and tough defence, areas it veered from under Trestman.Pace also insisted he is fine with the Bears maintaining their chain of command, with the GM reporting to the president rather than the chairman. He said Phillips reminds him of Saints general manager Mickey Loomis and that theres an automatic connection.Its a structure that we like, McCaskey said. Its a structure that we think works. But as Ryan pointed out, more important than the structure are the people that you have in the various positions. We think we have a good one in general manager.Note: McCaskey does not expect Accorsi to remain on the payroll after the coaching search is completed.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor