Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

With less than a week until the NHL Trade Deadline, check out the latest trade-related reports and speculation from around the

in Bundespolitik 24.10.2019 03:46
von jokergreen0220 • 1.793 Beiträge

With less than a week until the NHL Trade Deadline, check out the latest trade-related reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Cincinnati Reds Shirts . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. Flip it and Reverse It? The Buffalo Sabres made the first big move of the pre-trade deadline season by dealing Ryan Miller and Steve Ott for Chris Stewart, Jaroslav Halak and draft picks, but they are probably far from done dealing. TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun believes the Sabres could look to flip Stewart before Wednesday. LeBrun believes the Sabres may consider Stewart as a possible fit for the teams rebuilding core, given that he has one year remaining on his contract and is still only 26. However, LeBrun countered, the offers on Stewart could also be enticing to the Sabres with the Ottawa Senators believed to be interested in the forward dating back to before Fridays blockbuster. Meanwhile, LeBrun tweeted Saturday afternoon that the Minnesota Wild are kicking the tires on goaltenders available via trade, including Halak. Pitt Stop? While Ryan Keslers availability via trade remains a contentious issue around the Canucks, the Pittsburgh Penguins might be leading the charge to try to pry the 29-year-old loose. The Pittsburgh Tribune-Reviews Rob Rossi tweeted early Saturday that the Pens are "very interested and [it] sounds like theyre on his list." Kesler has two years remaining on his current contract at an average annual value of $5 million. Rossi expanded on his tweet in an article on Saturday, reporting that the Penguins would offer Brandon Sutter, two 2014 draft picks and the Canucks choice of defensemen Simon Despres or Brian Dumoulin Out of Oil If this is Ales Hemskys last week in an Oiler uniform, the Czech forward appears ready for whatever comes next. "It could be my last two games in this locker-room, so I better enjoy it,” the 30-year-old winger said after practice on Friday. “I want to enjoy every moment Ill spend with the guys, with my friends, with the people I know." “Im ready for it. Im excited.” With a provincial showdown with the Flames on tap for Saturday it could provide one last battle-ground for the winger, who is slated to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. Strictly Business Cory Schneider doesnt want to see his crease-mate Martin Brodeur traded, but understands that if the 41-year-old does get moved its just part of the business of being an NHL player. “Marty is big part of this team and has been forever. Im not sure there is any player as synonymous with the franchise as Marty has been or is. So it wouldnt be just anybody leaving this team. It would be the most important player in the franchises history,” the 27-year-old netminder told The Star-Ledger. Schneider, of course, is no stranger to speculation, having endured years of rumours in Vancouver playing alongside Roberto Luongo. The way that situation played out this off-season – resulting in his relocation to New Jersey – has shown Schneider that anything is possible. “It would be difficult for everybody, but thats kind of what happens. I didnt think I was going to get traded and I did. It happens. It could happen to anybody.” Cincinnati Reds Store . You can catch all of the action LIVE on TSN2 at 6pm et/3pm pt. The Heat reached that mark Saturday night when they ruined the Philadelphia 76ers home opener. Reds Jerseys 2019 . A-Rod is also disqualified from any post-season play. So at the tender age of 38, he will miss all of next season. As a result of missing the coming season, hes also out $25 million (which coincidentally is my hourly rate). https://www.cheapredsjerseys.us/ . -- Keith Aulie has joined the Tampa Bay Lightning.TORONTO – Henrik Zetterberg was everywhere on Friday night. Detroits captain was the driving force in erasing the Maple Leafs mini two-game win streak, piling together four assists in an overwhelming performance at the ACC. That performance was another indictment on Torontos lacklustre defensive efforts. Three days after holding Colorado to just 24 shots did the Leafs revert back to the troubling defensive ways of their all too recent past. There were the concerning missed assignments, a parade of turnovers in the neutral zone, inconsistent pressure up the ice and a series of battles lost as the fast and efficient Red Wings controlled possession almost with ease – 66-48 overall. It seemed like they had more players on the ice than we did, Jake Gardiner said after the 4-1 loss, which opens a back-to-back set with Detroit. Deeply frustrated with the assortment of failures afterward, head coach Randy Carlyle pointed to the 11 turnovers and four offside calls he flagged specifically in the first period alone, errors he said were just unacceptable. We find ways to make life more difficult for ourselves and thats the most frustrating part, Carlyle said, singling out an unimpressionable fore-check and easy neutral zone as key fails against the Wings. Taking full advantage, Zetterberg made his first imprint on the evening midway through the opening frame. Picking the pocket of Roman Polak behind the net, he veered along the end-boards before finding Johan Franzen to the right of James Reimer for a tap-in marker. That was goal one. Continuing on early in the second period, Zetterberg edged around an awkward Gardiner in the Toronto zone, waited out Reimer, waited some more and then dropped it back to Franzen again for goal two. He made one more dazzling dish later in that same frame, twisting around Polak again before handing off to Gustav Nyquist for the Wings third marker. Zetterberg would add his fourth assist on Justin Abdelkaders second of the season. You look at their goals, Dion Phaneuf said afterward, they all came from the key area of the ice. We seemed to be a little bit too loose in that area. When theres tap-in goals and cross-ice passes that are right to guys that are in the slot and key area, thats something that we have to be better at. You just cant give chances like that in this league, teams make you pay. Stuck in the Western Conference for the near-entirety of his quietly storied career, Zetterberg has played in just 10 games against Toronto, totaling six goals and 14 points. Hes just three points back of Ted Lindsay for eighth all-time in Red Wings scoring history. Hes really smart, I know that, Gardiner observed of the 34-year-old. You just see the little plays he makes with his stick. He sees the ice so well. Hes a great player. The Leafs have given up four goals or more in each of their three losses, yielding a troubling average of 34 shots against overall. Five Points 1. Effective Hockey Player A brief tour in the press box ended Friday for Jake Gardiner, who returned to the Toronto lineup against Detroit. Gardiner replaced the struggling Stephane Robidas alongside Morgan Rielly, leading the Leafs with more than 22 minutes. I expect him to play to a higher level, Carlyle said of the 24-year-old before the game, move the puck more effectively, [be] stronger defensively [and] take the body when it presents itself. Theres always so much made about what has to be done, he just has to be a hockey player and an effective hockey player. Thats all I ask of any of the players. I thought I played okay, Gardiner said afterward of his performance. I can still improve on some things. Hopefully Im in the lineup [Saturday], well see. Robidas, meanwhile, isnt likely to play again until next week. Carlyle believes his early struggles – coming off a broken right leg – align with his absence from training camp. The 37-year-old didnt join on-ice workouts with the team until the two-week exercise was 10 days old. He suited up for only one preseason game – the exhibition finale versus the Red Wings. It really lays the foundation for the player as far as a building block, Carlyle said of training camp. They dont like the practices, they dont like playing the games, the back-to-backs, the skates tthat place in it, but in the long haul it seems that players that dont have the opportunity to participate in training camp have lulls through the course of the season. Wholesale Reds Jerseys. 2. Second NHL Tour Ask Leo Komarov and hell tell you hes much more comfortable in his second tour of NHL duty. Hes familiar with the league, with the routines, with his teammates and coaches, he says. Where he might have been shy or unwilling to speak up in his first season with the Leafs, he now assumes a different confidence. Carlyle echoed those thoughts recently. I think hes much more confident, said Carlyle, just before the weekend set with Detroit. I think there was no surprise for him coming back to the NHL. Hes calmed down with the puck. The year or just the experience of being here before and playing at this level and playing in the playoffs has given him more confidence. Its for those reasons that Komarov believes hell be better prepared to contribute offensively this season. Setting up Mike Santorelli for the Leafs first and only goal on Friday, Komarov now has four assists in five games. The 27-year-old had only nine points in 42 games as a rookie in 2013. 3. Top Line Cohesion Related to that and a likely contributor in the early season struggles of the Leafs top line was the limited amount of time they spent on the ice together at training camp. Tyler Bozak and Phil Kessel were both bothered by injuries during the preseason and as a result, the trio – also including James van Riemsdyk – played in only one preseason game as a unit, also apart for many of the on-ice sessions. van Riemsdyk conceded it as a factor. You have to think at least to a degree, he said. But theres no reason to make excuses. Obviously theres always different things going on in training camp, but you just have to be ready to go. We didnt, all three of us just for whatever reason, spend that much time together in training camp. Take that for what its worth I guess. 4. Kozun Injured It was a thunderous collision late in the middle period and one that Brandon Kozun had trouble getting up from. The feisty Kozun, who earned an unlikely job in training camp, collided violently with Kyle Quincey in the corner behind Detroits goal. He struggled to get to his feet during the television timeout and was eventually helped off the ice by Santorelli and a team trainer – putting no weight on his left leg. The Leafs believed Kozun suffered a high ankle sprain on the play. Hell go for an MRI on Saturday. One of Matt Frattin or Carter Ashton figures to slot into the lineup in his place. 5. Playing the Off-Side Dion Phaneuf continues what looks to be an uncomfortable transition to the left side, an adjustment, according to Carlyle, that shouldnt be all that challenging. I dont think its really that difficult, personally, the former Norris Trophy winner said recently, later conceding that Phaneuf was still adjusting from his usual spot on right defence. Back in the lineup Friday, Gardiner was asked to make a similar shift early last season. He played 13 games on the right – from his usual left – and never took to it. Gardiner felt his vision, especially looking up ice in the neutral zone, was compromised playing on the right. The angles in his defensive routes were different too – footwork and positioning just awkward and unnatural. And that would appear the early issue for the Toronto captain, who doesnt appear comfortable just yet. The offensive zone was one benefit Gardiner could see from the experiment to his off-side, able then to walk the line from right to left and look for shooting lanes and opportunities. Stats-Pack 4 – Assists for Henrik Zetterberg Friday against Toronto. 22:12 – Ice-time for Jake Gardiner in his return to the lineup. 4 – Points through five games for Leo Komarov. 66-48 – Possession battle, favouring the Red Wings. 34 – Shots against per game the Leafs have allowed this season. Special Teams Capsule PP: 0-2 Season: 26.3 per cent PK: 5-5 Season: 82.4 per cent Quote of the Night It seemed like they had more players on the ice than we did. -Jake Gardiner following the 4-1 loss to Detroit. Up Next The Leafs finish a home-and-home set with the Red Wings in Detroit on Saturday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor