Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

SAN DIEGO - In a tournament that was up for grabs, Scott Stallings hit a 4-iron worthy of a winner Sunday in the Farmers Insura

in Bundespolitik 16.10.2019 07:07
von jokergreen0220 • 1.793 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO - In a tournament that was up for grabs, Scott Stallings hit a 4-iron worthy of a winner Sunday in the Farmers Insurance Open. Fake Basketball Jerseys China . Stallings was in a five-way tie for the lead when he hit his second shot on the par-5 18th hole as hard as he could. It was enough to barely clear the water, and he took two putts from 40 feet for birdie and a 4-under 68 at Torrey Pines. That was enough for a one-shot victory when no one could catch him. It was the third career PGA Tour victory for Stallings, who earned a return trip to the Masters and should move high enough in the world ranking to qualify for the Match Play Championship next month in Arizona. K.J. Choi had the best score of the week on the South Course with a 66 and was among those who tied for second. The pins were set up in favourable positions for birdies, making the course play the easiest it had all week. But that didnt make it easy — not for Gary Woodland, Jordan Spieth, Pat Perez and so many others who squandered a good chance to win. Woodland appeared to have the best chance to catch Stallings. He was one shot behind — with plenty of length to reach the 18th in two — until he chose fairway metal off the tee on No. 17 and hooked it into the canyon. He felt he had to make his 45-foot par putt to have any chance, and three-putted for double bogey. Woodland, who had a one-shot lead going into the final round, missed an easy birdie attempt on the 18th and closed with a 74. "This will be hard to swallow," Woodland said. "I felt like I kind of gave one away today." Marc Leishman of Australia had the last chance to force a playoff, but his drive on the 18th went well right and bounced off the cart path and a fan. He had no shot at the green in two, and his wedge for an eagle stopped a few feet to the side of the hole. His tap-in birdie gave him a 71 and a share of second. Stallings finished at 9-under 279. Jason Day (68) and Graham DeLaet of Weyburn, Sask., (68) each made birdie on the last hole to tie for second. So did Perez, the San Diego native who grew up at Torrey Pines and whose father is the longtime starter on the first tee at the Farmers Insurance Open. Perez missed a 10-foot birdie chance on the 17th. He closed with a 70. "Its great and bad," Perez said about his runner-up finish. "This is the one I want to win more than anything in the world, and I came up short. ... I thought today would have been my day. I would like to be in that position again." Spieth didnt make a birdie over the last 15 holes, and he fell back with back-to-back birdies late in the round. The 20-year-old Texan made a meaningless bogey on the last hole that only cost him a spot in the top 10. By then, his day was over. He closed with a 75. "I just lost control of the golf ball," Spieth said. He also revealed that he tweaked his ankle Friday and felt it kept him from getting into the right position on his back swing. Woodland went from a chance to win to a tie for 10th. Deep into tournament, nearly 20 players were separated by only two shots. It was similar to when Jimmy Walker won the Sony Open two weeks ago in Honolulu, emerging from the pack with a late burst of birdies. Stallings made six birdies over his last 11 holes, along with a pair of bogeys. Most remarkable is that he managed to hit only four fairways in the final round. But one that he did was important — the 537-yard closing hole, giving him a chance to get home in two for a birdie at worst. He said caddie Jon Yarbrough — fired by Woodland late last year — told him in the 18th fairway, "Lets see what youve got. Youve worked your butt off." "I hit 4-iron as hard as I could," Stallings said. It was just enough to clear the water, and while it trickled off the front of the green, he could still use his putter. He lagged it up to 30 inches for a short birdie putt that turned out to be the winner. Charley Hoffman, another San Diego native, made a hole-in-one on the third hole and closed with a 67 to tie for seventh, along with Ryo Ishikawa of Japan and Will MacKenzie, who each had a 70. Six players finished in the top 10 that are not in the Phoenix Open next week. Ordinarily, a top 10 gets a player into the next open tournament. In this case, the field already is full and they only can be alternates. That list includes Justin Thomas, who was playing this week on his fourth out of seven allotted sponsor exemptions. Thomas shot 69. Authentic Basketball Jerseys . Redden played a total of 1,023 regular-season games with Ottawa, the New York Rangers, St. Louis and Boston. He finished with 457 points (109 goals, 348 assists) and a plus-160 rating over his career. Basketball Jerseys For Sale . Minutes before the final whistle of Sporting Kansas Citys 3-0 victory over a shorthanded Montreal Impact squad on Saturday afternoon, Saputo tweeted: "Our fans deserve better. https://www.fakebasketballjerseys.com/ . The Detroit Tigers closer blew a three-run lead in the ninth inning Wednesday night against the Dodgers. MILAN, Italy -- Fiorentina fell to a surprise 1-0 defeat at Cagliari as it lost ground in the race for a Champions League place, while AC Milan coach Clarence Seedorfs winning start in the Italian league ended on Saturday. Milan was held to 1-1 at home by Torino. Cagliari scored six minutes from halftime when Mauricio Pinilla blasted home from the penalty spot after Facundo Roncaglia tripped Marco Sau. The home side could have doubled its tally in stoppage time as first Fiorentina defender Stefan Savic almost scored an own goal then Albin Ekdals shot clipped the top of the upright. Fiorentina new signing Anderson made his first start following a loan move from Manchester United but proved ineffective. The Tuscan team was missing leading strikers Mario Gomez and Giuseppe Rossi, who are out with long-term injuries. Fiorentina remained three points behind third-place Napoli, which visits Atalanta on Sunday. Later, Seedorf was looking to become the first Milan coach since Luigi Bonizzoni in 1958-59 to win his opening three Serie A games. Milan, which was without the suspended Mario Balotelli, dominated but Torino took the lead in the 17th minute thanks to a wonderful solo effort from Ciro Immobile. He ran almost half the length of the pitch before feinting past Daniele Bonera and firing across into the bottom right corner ffor his 11th goal of the season. Cyber Monday Basketball Jerseys. Adil Rami scored his first for Milan since his move from Valencia to level matters four minutes after halftime. The France defender ran onto Sulley Muntaris short pass before unleashing a rocket shot into the left of goal. Robinho thought he gave Milan the lead 10 minutes later when he curled Kakas through ball into the far side of the net, but he was narrowly ruled offside. "Its a really great emotion to score," Rami said. "It was four or five months that I didnt play, it was a difficult moment for me, it wasnt easy in my head. Im lucky to have a strong character." Rami was suspended by Valencia at the beginning of October after insulting his coach and teammates in a radio interview. Elsewhere, Udinese snapped a run of four successive defeats to beat Bologna 2-0 in a relegation fight. Udinese took the lead in the 15th minute when a somewhat soft penalty was awarded against Michele Pazienza for a nudge on Andrea Lazzari, and Antonio Di Natale fired Udinese in front, despite Bologna goalkeeper Gianluca Curci guessing the right way. Nico Lopez sealed the result in stoppage time when he finished off a swift counterattack. Udinese moved provisionally six points clear of the relegation zone. Bologna remained just a point off the bottom three. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor