Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

WASHINGTON - After three straight walk-offs, the Washington Nationals went for a cakewalk instead. [url=http://www.rangersappare

in Alte Heimat 23.01.2018 07:11
von jokergreen0220 • 1.793 Beiträge

WASHINGTON - After three straight walk-offs, the Washington Nationals went for a cakewalk instead. Ferguson Jenkins Jersey . Sure, winning late over and over again is a thrill, but its not good for the blood pressure — not to mention the workload of the bullpen. Stephen Strasburg provided much of the salve Tuesday night, allowing one run and three hits over a season-high eight innings as the Nationals ran their winning streak to eight games with an 8-1 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks. "I guess its what the doctor ordered," Strasburg said. That, along with a six-run third inning. Asdrubal Cabreras bases-clearing double blew the game open, giving Washington an overdue breather in what is now its longest winning run since August 2012. "I think were just coming together," said shortstop Ian Desmond, who had four RBIs. "Weve kind of established our way, I guess you would say." Success had come with suspense for the Nats: four consecutive one-run games, including the last three decided by the final at-bat, and the last two in the 11th inning. But Strasburg (10-10) did just what the Nationals needed him to do: eat up innings to give the overtaxed relievers a break. He struck out four to give him an NL-leading 198 for the season, besting his previous single-season high of 197 in 2012 — the year he was shut down early after returning from elbow surgery. "The way Stephen pitched is, I hope, indicative of what were going to see in the future," Desmond said. "Hes been great a lot in his career, but tonight was one of those games where it was really fun to watch." The Nationals sent seven batters to the plate in the third before the Diamondbacks could record an out. Rookie Chase Anderson (7-5) faced six of them, allowing five singles and a walk before he was pulled in the shortest outing of his young career. Jayson Werths broken-bat single up the middle scored the first Nationals run, and Desmonds single brought in two more. After Bryce Harpers single loaded the bases, Anderson was pulled for Eury De La Rosa, who gave up Cabreras drive that took one bounce before hitting the wall in right-centre. "I just kind of didnt attack the guys like I should attack," Anderson said. "I think if you execute pitches and get ahead, you can kind of get anybody out. Thats just the name of the game." David Peraltas first-inning home run accounted for all the scoring for the Diamondbacks, who have lost four straight. MAYBE I SHOULDNT TELL THE SKIPPER Nationals manager Matt Williams praised Desmonds ability to "shorten down" on a swing that produced a pair of runs: "Hes going to get a bunch of homers, we know that, but when he can take a two-run single, hes feeling it and hes seeing the ball good." Oops. Turns out it was totally an accident. Desmond said he was just trying to fight off a pitch. "I dont know if I chose to shorten up," Desmond said. "I think the jammage probably shortened me up a little bit." ENDERS END GAME Diamondbacks CF Ender Inciarte grounded out in the ninth to finish an 0-for-4 night, ending his team rookie record hitting streak at 18 games. TRAINERS ROOM Nationals OF Nate McLouth will have surgery Thursday for a torn labrum in his right shoulder and is done for the year. He hit .173 with one home run and seven RBIs in 79 games in his first season in Washington. UP NEXT Arizonas Trevor Cahill (3-8, 4.68 ERA) faces Tanner Roark (12-7, 2.93) on Wednesday night in the third game of the four-game set. Elvis Andrus Jersey . - Regan Smith had the checkered flag in sight at Daytona a year ago and a freight train of cars in his rearview mirror. Jason Grilli Jersey . For the Miami Heat, that was outstanding news. LeBron James scored the last of his 32 points on a layup that put Miami up for good with 11. http://www.rangersapparelsshop.com/ . She still remembers the massive roar of the home crowd when the Canadians walked out on the pitch before 47,784 fans at Commonwealth Stadium in 2002. Lang expects a similar reception for the Canadian team as the host nation at this years tournament, which begins Tuesday. MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Mike Conley scored 22 points, Zach Randolph and Tony Allen added 16 each and the Memphis Grizzlies beat the Detroit Pistons 111-108 in overtime Friday night. Memphis outscored the Pistons 11-2 to start the extra period en route to its first victory of the season. Marc Gasol added 15 points for Memphis and Randolph had 10 rebounds. Josh Smith and Rodney Stuckey led Detroit with 19 points each, although Smith was 7 of 23 from the field. Will Bynum had 18 points, while Greg Monroe finished with 16 for the Pistons and Andre Drummond had 12 points and 16 rebounds. The teams were tied at 95 at the end of regulation. Gasols tip-in with 8.2 seconds left in regulation tied the game and Chauncey Billups missed a 3-pointer as time ran out. Memphis scored the first four points of the overtime, before Bynum converted a reverse layup for the Pistons. Memphis sealed the game with a 3-pointer from the right corner by Tayshaun Prince, who had six in the overtime, and a drive by Randolph for a 104-97 lead. Allens drive off of a steal by Conley put the Grizzlies up by nine. The win was the first for Memphis coach Dave Joerger, who took over in the summer after former coach Lionel Hollins was not re-signed. Both teams struggled throughout the game with turnovers, committing 20 each. However, Memphis stopped throwing the ball away early in the fourth. Memphis carried a 47-41 lead into halftime after Allen and Randolph scored 10 points apiece, Allen also handed out three assists. The Pistons were led by Stuckey, who came off the bench to score 11 points beforee the break. Mike Napoli Jersey. Both teams struggled with turnovers early - the Pistons having 10 and Memphis 11 in the half. But the Grizzlies committed only two in the second quarter, while hitting seven of their first eight shots in the period. Memphis extended its lead to 10 points early in the third period, but the Pistons defence tightened and Detroit pulled back into the game. Monroe had eight points in the period and Stuckeys basket late in the quarter gave the Pistons a 69-67 lead after three. The Pistons used a 16-5 run spanning the third and fourth quarters to build a 75-70 lead early in the fourth quarter. While Memphis was able to retake the lead, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, who had 13 points, scored four straight points near the 5-minute mark to give Detroit its largest lead of the game, 87-80. The Pistons still held a 94-88 lead after Smiths 3-pointer with 1:09 left, but Gasol scored on a 3-point play, then tied it on the tip-in with 8-plus seconds left in regulation. NOTES: The Grizzlies are 5-14 in home openers, including last years win over Utah. It marks the first time in franchise history that the Grizzlies have won consecutive home openers. . Memphis has won eight straight over Detroit. The Pistons last win over Memphis was Jan. 27, 2010. ... Stuckey dressed out for the first time after missing the season opener with a fracture in his right thumb. . Henry Bibby, who served on the Memphis staff under Lionel Hollins, now is an assistant coach with the Pistons. . The Grizzlies are 41-4 when they score 100 points over past two seasons. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor