Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

One thing that wasnt clear following Saturdays 1-1 draw between the Whitecaps and RSL was what sparked the brouhaha shortly afte

in Bundespolitik 21.09.2019 02:12
von jokergreen0220 • 1.793 Beiträge

One thing that wasnt clear following Saturdays 1-1 draw between the Whitecaps and RSL was what sparked the brouhaha shortly after Darren Mattocks converted the dubious penalty for Vancouver. Cheap Fake NBA Jerseys . Only those involved will know for sure, but something really got under the skin of the home side, beyond just the referees decision. It was the second time this season the Whitecaps held Real Salt Lake to a single point at their fortress in the Utah mountains. In the April encounter, remarkably late goals by Nicholas Mezquida and Sebastian Fernandez overturned an early two-goal RSL advantage, leaving the MLS Cup-finalists strewn about the pitch, flat-out in disbelief. An obviously frustrated Kyle Beckerman was overheard telling Mattocks, “Good luck making the playoffs.” I wondered if the prospects of taking only one of a possible six points at home against a cocky group of 20-somethings was too much to bear for last years Western champs. Perhaps, thats why the pot finally boiled over and, not long after, Joao Plata made sure RSL got something from the game. Robbie Findley came within inches of winning it. Still, taking just two of six points against the Whitecaps at home would be considered a setback by the veteran team, one that has never lost to Vancouver at Rio Tinto Stadium. Maybe the frustration was amplified by the fact that Vancouver had played in Toronto on Wednesday and rotated their squad with a mix of players who hadnt seen starting minutes in quite some time. “Squad guys, stepping in and understanding their roles and the system almost immediately? Who do they think they are? Us!?” The Claret and Cobalts have been a model franchise since joining MLS in 2005. They hired a young coach and former MLS vet in Jason Kreis, who envisioned and executed a style of play that would become the clubs DNA. General Manager Garth Lagerway made prudent, but meaningful, signings without blowing the bank on high-profile foreigners. Avaro Saborio, Javier Morales, Kyle Beckerman, Nat Borchers, Will Johnson, Jaimeson Olave and Nick Rimando - an enviable foundation that was then augmented by role players who fit Kreiss system. Lagerway also wasnt afraid to move players on as they reached peak value. He freed up roughly $1 million of cap space prior to last season by shipping out Johnson, Olave and Espindola. RSL came within a penalty shootout of putting a second star on their badge last December. Carl Robinsons club-building philosophy isnt drastically different from RSLs. Hes referenced their formula often and the grand vision includes locking down his young core long term. That group includes Koffie, Tiebert, Laba, Leveron, Mattocks, Manneh and Hurtado. Despite their youth, the MLS minutes among them are starting to accumulate and, when this season concludes, roughly $1 million of expiring contracts could come off the books. Supporters can be excused for wanting success now, but if the Whitecaps could have the kind of long-term prosperity that Salt Lake has enjoyed, a team that is perpetually in the championship discussion, well, fans would be almost certainly be willing to wait a bit longer. RSL went from expansion team to MLS Cup-winner in only four years. After some early hiccups, the Whitecaps, now in their fourth MLS season, seem to have found their young visionary. If he sees out his plan, perhaps, one day they, too, will be desperately disappointed by collecting a mere two out of six points at home from a Western rival. So when an agitated Javier Morales got in the face of countryman Mattias Laba in Saturdays midfield dust-up, was he looking at a younger version of himself? Carl Robinson sure hopes so. Discount Fake NBA Jerseys . The 36-year-old Colts receiver is going back to the playoffs as a division champion. Fake NBA Jerseys China . -- The Oakland Raiders expect to have starting right tackle Tony Pashos back for Sundays game against the Houston Texans. http://www.fakenbajerseys.com/ .Fiji striker Roy Krishna scored in the 14th minute to give Wellington its fourth win, along with a draw, from its past five matches, putting the Phoenix fourth but only a point behind third-placed Adelaide.CHICAGO - Starlin Castro understands why the Chicago Cubs were concerned. He was scared, too.Authorities questioned the All-Star shortstop last month after a nightclub shooting in the Dominican Republic. In a separate case earlier in the off-season, Castro had just left a club in his home country when another shooting occurred.I just say that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, Castro said Friday on the opening day of the Cubs weekend fan convention. I want let everybody know that I dont even know what happened. ... Im not that kind of person.The 24-year-old is beginning his sixth season with Chicago after hitting .292 with 14 homers and 65 RBIs in 134 games last year. He already has started training in Arizona and is thinking about moving his family to the U.S. after the rocky off-season in his native county.Just too many problems over there to try to cost me, and I dont even know what happened, said Castro, who has not been charged in connection with either shooting in the Dominican. I got to move. I got to do something.The situation with Castro was perhaps the only trouble for the Cubs in a strong off-season.There was a palpable buzz at the teams 30th annual convention after Chicago signed ace Jon Lester and brought in manager Joe Maddon in search of its first playoff appearance since 2008.Castro signed with the Cubs as an amateur free agent in 2006, and then agreed to a seven-year contract in 2012 that includes a club option for the 2020 season. He is a .284 career hitter, and president of baseball operations Theo Epstein made it sound as if the club plans to stand by him.I think the most important thing is that Starlin has responded to this adversity really well, Epstein said. Hes taken a mature approach and figured out that he needed to make some changes. He needed to change his environment in order to put himself in the best position to A. keep him and his family safe and B. to prepare the right way for a season to try to win a championsship. Fake NBA Jerseys Sale. he title talk for the Cubs is something new for Epstein after major renovations for both the roster and Wrigley Field dominated the first part of his time in Chicago.Its just nice to transition to the point where were building the organization but were building a major league team that can compete, Epstein said. Our fans deserve to get excited about it.Epstein said he is comfortable with the current roster heading into spring training, but they could make a few tweaks. The Cubs agreed to one-year deals with outfielder Chris Coghlan ($2,505,000), catcher Welington Castillo ($2.1 million), infielder Luis Valbuena ($4.2 million) and pitchers Jake Arrieta ($3.63 million) and Travis Wood ($5,685,000) before the start of the convention, leaving reliever Pedro Strop as the only Cubs player still in arbitration. He asked for a raise from $1,325,000 to $3 million, and he was offered $2 million.Castillo is one of three veteran catchers on the roster after the Cubs traded for Miguel Montero and signed David Ross to a $5 million, two-year contract in December.I think theres a scenario where our roster could handle three catchers and give Joe some opportunity to mix and match and do some matchup stuff, but were open to the possibility of a trade as well, Epstein said. Were not hiding the ball on that.Montero, a two-time All-Star, hit .243 with 13 homers and 72 RBIs for Arizona last season, but his acquisition was overshadowed by the moves for Lester and Maddon. The active winter led first baseman Anthony Rizzo to predict the Cubs would win the NL Central title this year, and his teammates supported the slugger before the start of the convention.Were all pulling the same rope, so I stand behind my teammate, said Lester, who agreed to a $155 million, six-year contract in December. Were going to go out there and hopefully thats the first goal that were going to try to make.___Jay Cohen can be reached at http://www.twitter.com/jcohenap ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor