Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

There are still four running

in Bundespolitik 09.09.2019 05:49
von jokergreen0220 • 1.793 Beiträge

CLEVELAND -- David Blatt went overseas to chase his basketball dreams. Alphonse Areola Paris Saint-Germain Jersey . Hes coming back to fulfil them. One of Europes top coaches, Blatt was hired Friday by the Cavaliers, who ended a sweeping, 39-day search with an out-of-the-box selection they hope changes their fortunes. American-born, Princeton-schooled and considered one of the games brightest offensive minds, the 55-year-old Blatt has long been interested in coaching in the NBA and the Cavs will give him his first shot. The club signed him to a reported three-year deal that includes a team option for a fourth year. Cleveland contacted high-profile college coaches and interviewed both retreaded head coaches and on-the-rise assistants before zeroing in and landing Blatt, who won several European titles while coaching in Israel and guided Russia to a bronze medal at the London Olympics two years ago. "David Blatt is going to bring some of the most innovative approaches found in professional basketball anywhere on the globe," Cavs owner Dan Gilbert said. "Time and time again, from Russia to Israel and several other prominent head coaching jobs in between, David has done one thing: win. He is not only an innovator, well-trained and focused on both sides of the court, but he is always learning and always teaching. "Whether you are a top draft pick just entering the league, or a seasoned NBA veteran, Coach Blatt is going to take your game and the game of the team you are playing for to a new and higher level. Thats just who the man is and we are proud to call him our new head coach." Blatt will be introduced by the team Wednesday, one day before the club picks first in this years NBA draft. Clevelands third coach in three years, Blatt replaces Mike Brown, who was fired -- for the second time -- on May 12, a few weeks after the Cavs finished 33-49 and missed the playoffs for the fourth straight season. Blatt was not believed to be on Clevelands radar early in its search, but that changed when he resigned at Maccabi Tel Aviv to pursue an NBA gig. Blatt also was coveted as an assistant by Golden State and Minnesota, but the Cavs made him the first European coach to make the jump to the NBA. "David is a great basketball coach and a special person," said Cavs general manager David Griffin. "His abilities to communicate, to build relationships with his players and to foster winning environments at several stops throughout Europe and across the highest levels of International competition speak for itself. He brings unbridled passion, energy and creativity to his craft. "I have watched Davids work for many years. He has an uncanny ability to adapt his system to maximize the talents of his teams year after year. That is why I am very confident he will make a smooth transition to the NBA." Edinson Cavani Jersey . CBS Sports Jon Heyman is reporting that Santana will sign a one-year deal, likely in the next two days with one of a trio of suitors, with the Toronto Blue Jays believed to be heavily involved. Presnel Kimpembe Jersey . "I knew it was gone. I mean, I felt it," the 2012 NL Rookie of the Year said. "I havent felt like that in a while. I havent got extension on a ball in a pretty long time. http://www.parissaintgermainfcstore.com/Women-Loic-Mbe-Soh-Paris-Saint-Germain-Jersey/ . - First-timer Chris Harris Jr.Toronto Argonauts quarterback Ricky Ray is entering his 12th year in the CFL and his third with the Argos. Hes coming off a season where he was injured twice, missing eight games, but still put up some eye-popping numbers. Ray passed for just under 2,900 yards, completing 77 per cent of his passes. He threw 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions, finishing with a mind-numbing QB rating of 126.4. Ray sat down on Saturday for a chat with Mike Hogan, the play-by-play voice of the Argos on TSN 1050. MH: Whats different about camp this year? RR: The same basic philosophies are still there that coach (Scott Milanovich) carries on about how we practice, our tempo and what he expects from us, but there is a new feeling. We have a new defensive staff, a lot of new guys on defence. Offensively, were returning a lot of guys and coaches so it feels pretty similar. MH: On your side of the football, its good that you have the continuity that you do (Chad Kackert, Dontrelle Inman and Joe Eppele are the only 2013 starters not back this year). Can you put into words how important that is at this stage? RR: It just makes things so much easier. Thinking back to the first year here, there was so much to learn, trying to get used to a new system and trying to get used to all the guys around you. Last year and this year, weve all played together and have a lot of game experience together and were still running the same stuff out there, so youre not trying to get used to everything and you can go out there and try and improve on things from the previous year. MH: Whats your relationship like with Coach Milanovich in the off-season? Do you keep in contact continually trying to tweak things, or do you go home to Northern California and just ignore football for a couple of months? RR: I pretty much go home and get away from football. Hell call me every now and then and tell me whats going on, say if they have any new ideas and really just see how the off-season is going, but its only a couple of times a year. Other than that, I try to get back and relax and just get refreshed for the new year. MH: Your first two seasons in Toronto saw very different results. The first year couldnt have gone any better, winning the 100th Grey Cup. Last year, everything was going fine when you were on the field, but you had to deal with a couple of injuries. When you look back at last season, just how frustrating was it? RR: It was, just missing so mucch time and having to watch and rehab and do all that. Julian Draxler Paris Saint-Germain Jersey. It was fun to watch the guys play, to go out west and have that four-game winning streak, but not so much fun because youre sitting there watching and cant be out there playing. It was a weird year. We wrapped up first place and were just waiting around to see who we were going to play and had such high expectations and just werent able to get it done in the playoffs. MH: After the Argos were beaten badly in the 2010 Eastern Final by Montreal, some of them took it very hard, thought about it a lot in the off-season and used it as motivation. Did you think about losing last years Eastern Final often? RR: You think about it a lot, especially when you feel like you had a great opportunity to win the game. Sometimes when you get beaten pretty badly, its easier to swallow those than the ones that are close games where you had an opportunity to keep moving on. Its funny because were getting ready to play Hamilton in our next game (Thursday at Varsity Stadium), putting that film back on and then watching it (laughs) brings back a lot of not-so-good memories. So ya, that keeps you motivated. When you think about it, you try and work harder and you think about the next time you do get an opportunity like that to try and seize it. MH: There are still four running backs competing for the starting job. (Steve Slaton and Jeremiah Johnson are the new imports, up against returnee RB Curtis Steele. Also in the mix is University of Manitoba rookie Anthony Coombs) All of them seem to add something different to the mix. How would you assess the group? RR: Its been pretty fun watching them in camp. Curtis has a pretty good feel for what were trying to do out there. He gives a ton of effort on every play. The new guys are both very gifted athletes. Thats the position that we expect the most out of, with pass protection, running and catching out of the backfield and weve got three guys that can do it very well. Then you put Coombs in there and watching him, especially in one-on-one drills, he runs routes almost like a receiver, so hes going to be a good weapon for us. MH: Grey Cup or bust? RR: Thats what it is every year (smiles). Thats the expectation that (General Manager) Jim Barker and Coach Milanovich have put on us. Theyve built a great foundation here and we feel like we should be able to go out and win every year and have a chance to get to the Grey Cup. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor