Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

rle received a stan

in Kommunalpolitik 03.08.2018 05:29
von jokergreen0220 • 1.793 Beiträge

TORONTO - With all eyes in the basketball universe focused on the Raptors in 2016, Canadas team is positioned to look a whole lot different. Marcus Martin Jersey . With the exception of their occasionally contested team name, the Raptors are slated for a full brand makeover by the time NBA All-Star weekend rolls into town in February of 2016. Alongside Drake - Grammy award-winning artist and the teams new global ambassador - and an eclectic panel which included NBA Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver and Toronto Mayor Rob Ford, Tim Leiweke revealed an initiative to utilize the Toronto-born rap star in redesigning the Raptors image. "We are now going to submit to the league a new application for new branding and a new image and new colours, not a new name, but new branding," MLSEs chief executive announced at Monday mornings news conference. "Drake will be an ambassador and help us forge this new vision, this new buzz, this new excitement for where were taking this organization." This process has already begun according to Leiweke, who will work with MLSE, in conjunction with the NBA to complete these changes prior to the 2015-16 campaign, a monumental season for the franchise. Not only will Toronto welcome the NBAs annual showcase that year, it will also mark the organizations 20th anniversary season. "This is a team and this is a sport thats going to rock this city going forward," Leiweke said. "The NBA All-Star game gives us two years now to do some extraordinary things as we head to our 20th anniversary and create one of the greatest basketball opportunities, moments and franchises for the NBA." Leiweke has enlisted the help of Torontos most prominent entertainer. Drake will lend a hand in remaking the Raptors brand in addition to unofficially hosting events throughout All-Star week, but his role with the club could be even greater. "Weve only had initial meetings thus far," said Drake, who will have a permanent office right next to Leiwekes at MLSE headquarters. "I want to be as involved as possible. Obviously I have a busy schedule coming up, I just released an album, but anything they need me for I want to be here for, anything that can help the Raptors grow in the future." "Obviously I wont be able to be in the building everyday but Im extremely dedicated to it," the 26-year-old rap icon continued. "I do take it very seriously as a new job and as a new chapter in my life so its not just something for the sake of all the cameras. Im extremely dedicated to this franchise." Per Leiweke, Drake will be heavily involved in the design of the Torontos new logo and image, while suggestions from fans will also be incorporated. As for the team name itself, despite earlier speculation that it could be changed - and the best efforts of Leiweke - it will remain as is. "I would have changed the name," Leiweke admitted. "We took a vote and I lost." "Theres a lot of people that are smart in this organization, that have been here a while and they made a compelling case where the issue is not the name. So were going to go with them on that one and Im 100 per cent supportive." New general manager Masai Ujiri made a strong argument for keeping the name and focusing on something far more important, something that will be crucial for this team as they prepare to host the leagues marquee midseason event in 2016. "Anything you do, for me, is all based on winning," Ujiri maintained. "You can have the best name, worst name, you can have any colours you want if you have the right basketball players and thats our responsibility." "This is all great and this is beautiful for the city," he continued, "but at the end of the day my responsibility and my teams responsibility is to put that basketball team on the floor thats going to go out and try and win out there." Neither Leiweke nor Ujiri could, or cared to dodge the pressure that comes with hosting the worlds best players for the most star-studded event that professional basketball has to offer. With great opportunity comes great responsibility. "I think the 20th anniversary and All-Star game and the rebranding are all great," Leiweke cautioned, "but if we dont win and take advantage of the moment of truth, theyll all be wasted." That leaves the organization 28 months to right the ship. Entering their 19th season, the Raptors have missed the playoffs in each of the last five years. Theyve won just one playoff series, they havent had an all-star since Chris Bosh in 2010 and they have failed, time and time again to reestablish themselves as a relevant NBA entity following the departure of Vince Carter over eight years ago. The challenge is simple in concept; win, but slightly more convoluted in execution. Michael Gallup Jersey . "Opinion: Womens World Cup is the best Soccer of the year," Hanks tweeted to his 8.73 million followers on Friday. "Hey FIFA, they deserve real grass. Put in sod. Jihad Ward Cowboys Jersey . Chris Capuano. Shane Greene. And now, Esmil Rogers. http://www.cowboysfootballgearshop.com/allen-hurns-jersey/ .ca presents its latest weekly power rankings for the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season. TORONTO -- The Toronto Blue Jays won ugly Tuesday night, overcoming sloppy play and a blown six-run lead in a 7-6 walkoff victory over the New York Yankees. Jose Reyes made two throwing errors -- including a key miscue in New Yorks five-run seventh inning -- but made up for it by scoring the winning run in the bottom of the ninth. New York made the final mistake as Yangervis Solarte threw wide to first base after Melky Cabrera laid a bunt down the third-base line. That allowed Reyes, who led off with a double, to trot home with the winning run to the delight of the 34,206 fans at Rogers Centre. "It wasnt a real well-played game, but the name of the game is winning," said Blue Jays manager John Gibbons. Dioner Navarro hit a three-run shot for Toronto (44-35), which moved 2 1/2 games up on second-place Baltimore in the American League East. The Orioles dropped a 4-2 decision to the Chicago White Sox. The Yankees fourth loss in a row moved them 3 1/2 games behind Toronto. Reliever Adam Warren (1-4) shouldered the loss for New York (39-37). "It was sloppy on both sides," said Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira. "That was an ugly game to watch. If youre a fan, you should get your money back." The Blue Jays will go for a sweep of the three-game series Wednesday night. Navarro put the Blue Jays on the board in the fourth inning with his blast off New York starter David Phelps. Toronto tacked on three more runs in the fifth inning when Colby Rasmus laced a shot that hit the top of the wall in right field. Two runs came across on the play and Edwin Encarnacion rounded third when Rasmus broke for second base. The cutoff man threw to Derek Jeter at second, who had Rasmus caught in a rundown. With Encarnacion leaning for home, Jeter decided to hang on to the ball and go for the tag on Rasmus. However, he couldnt catch up to the Toronto centre-fielder, who dived back to the bag at first base as Encarnacion scored. Jeter rebounded with a solo homer in the sixth inning and the Yankees took advantage of two Toronto errors in the seventh to tie the game. Brian Roberts got things started by hitting a two-run homer off Toronto starter Mark Buehrle to cut the Blue Jays lead to 6-3. With Brett Gardner at second base and Jeter at first, Jacoby Ellsbury drove a single to left field off Dustin McGowan. Cabrera tried to get Gardner at the plate but the throw went to the backstop allowing the run to score on the error as both runners advanced. McGowan got Teixeira to hit a chopper to second base but Reyes was short with his throw to Encarnacion at first and two more runs crossed the plate. It gave Reyes even more incentive when he came up to bat in the ninth. "I tried to make something happen after that mistake,"Reyes said. "They tied the game there in that situation. I have to make a better throw than that. It is what it is. Like I said, when I came up in the ninth inning I just tried to make something happen. "I put a good swing on the ball and hit a double with noobody out. Bo Scarbrough Jersey. " Reyes also gave credit to Cabrera for making a great play that forced the errant throw. "He laid down a perfect bunt," he said. "In that situation we need that." It was the 13th multi-hit game of the season for Reyes, who ended an 0-for-19 skid with a single in the fifth inning. "Joses a driven individual," Gibbons said. "Plus hes overdue, his bat has cooled off. So it was just a matter of time. He dunked that one in earlier in the game, but hes been missing his pitches. "Hes been a little too aggressive. But perfect timing for it, you know." Encarnacion was accidentally elbowed in the back of the head by Teixeira in the seventh inning. The Toronto slugger was face down on the dirt for several seconds as a hush came over the crowd. Gibbons and a team trainer came out onto the field to check on him and Encarnacion eventually shook it off and stayed in the game. He had a fat lip afterwards but said there were no other issues. "Right now I feel good, I feel great -- 100 per cent," he said. Aaron Loup relieved McGowan in the seventh and got Carlos Beltran to hit a comebacker for the third out. The Blue Jays loaded the bases in the eighth inning but reliever Dellin Betances struck out Munenori Kawasaki to end the threat. Casey Janssen (2-0) came on in the ninth inning and gave up a single to Gardner, who eventually moved to third base with two out. With the crowd on its feet, Janssen fanned Teixiera with a 72 mile-per-hour curveball. "Thats big to win that game," Gibbons said. "We dont win that one last year, I know that." Notes: Lind fouled a ball off his sore right foot in the seventh inning but stayed in the game. He was wearing a protective cover over his cleats but was noticeably slow while running to first on a ground ball. ... Injured Blue Jays right-hander Brandon Morrow, who had been rehabilitating his hand injury in Arizona, returned to the team Tuesday. He tore a tendon sheath in his throwing hand on May 2. Morrow played catch for 10 minutes before the game but no timeline is set for his return. ... Toronto third baseman Juan Francisco turned 27 on Tuesday. ... The Blue Jays have held sole possession of first place in the A.L. East for 33 straight days. The teams previous longest stretch came in 1993, the last year Toronto won the World Series. ... Buehrle received a standing ovation as he walked to the dugout after being pulled in the seventh inning. He worked 6 2/3 innings and allowed eight hits and four earned runs while striking out three. It was his 445th consecutive start without a stint on the disabled list -- the longest active streak in the major leagues. ... Buehrle also leads all major-league pitchers in pace, taking an average of 17.0 seconds between pitches. ... Phelps worked five innings, allowing eight hits, six earned runs and a walk while striking out seven. ... Drew Hutchison (5-5, 3.86) is scheduled to start Wednesdays series finale against New Yorks Hiroki Kuroda (4-5, 4.23). Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor