Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

s on what I had to

in Kommunalpolitik 03.08.2018 05:29
von jokergreen0220 • 1.793 Beiträge

DENVER -- As the winning streak climbs, so does the stress level for San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich. Oklahoma City Thunder Jerseys . At least, that was Tim Duncans assessment after the Spurs ran their streak to 16 straight by beating the Denver Nuggets 133-102 on Friday night. This is their longest regular-season win streak since reeling off 17 in a row from Feb. 29 to March 31, 1996. And Popovich seems to be growing more antsy with every victory. "Oh, very. Very, very, very. Very much," Duncan said. "Hes a teacher and wants to teach. He wants the good and the bad. Even through this streak, hes been on us a tremendous amount, making sure we dont rest on just the wins, but were learning from game to game." Popovich found a teaching moment in the third quarter with the game well in hand. His team relaxed on one possession and allowed an easy transition basket by Randy Foye. Popovich quickly called timeout and voiced his displeasure to his team. "Even as much as were up, he was still on us the entire game," Duncan said. Hard to find too much fault with the Spurs effort in this one. Marco Belinelli scored 27 points, Duncan had 20 and the Spurs scored a season high in points. San Antonio also maintained a three-game lead for the top seed in the Western Conference. Its a quick turnaround for the Spurs, who host New Orleans on Saturday. "This (winning streak) is great challenge," Duncan said. "Its a big challenge. People can get lackadaisical and look past certain games. Weve done a good job of not doing that." Foye scored 20 for a banged-up Nuggets squad that lost for the fourth time in five games. Wilson Chandler was out with a strained groin, while Timofey Mozgov and Kenneth Faried were hampered by an illness. Faried still finished with 18 points and 13 rebounds. "Theyre devastated, injury-wise," Popovich said. "Its not a fair deal." Still, a 31-point loss was hard for Nuggets coach Brian Shaw to absorb, even if he is missing quite a few starters to season-ending injuries. "That was an embarrassing loss," Shaw said. "Just from every standpoint of the game -- defensively, body language, energy, just embarrassing, and it starts with me, just doing whatever I need to do to get our guys prepared and to come out and give the kind of energy and effort we need, especially playing the top team in the league." Belinelli stepped into the starting lineup with Danny Green hobbled by an inflamed right foot and quickly found his rhythm. Belinelli scored 14 in the first quarter and finished 10 of 15 from the field. "We really love to move the ball together, thats why were winning together right now," Belinelli said. Popovich insisted before the game that hes not going to overextend his players to secure the No. 1 seed in the West. His goal is to keep them "as healthy and energetic as possible at this time of year." The veteran coach didnt have to worry about taxing his team too much in this one, building a 25-point lead midway through the third quarter and resting most of his starters for a majority of the fourth. All this winning so close to the playoffs is making Popovich a little anxious because, "maybe this comes too easy," he said. "Losing is not a bad thing at this point of the year." Trailing 20-14 in the first, the Spurs closed out the quarter on a 17-3 run. The Nuggets couldnt rally back into the game, like they did Wednesday in San Antonio when they trailed the Spurs by 24 only to make it close down the stretch, before falling 108-103. "We just let them do basically what they wanted to do," Foye said. "We had more fight on their court last game than we did on our court tonight. Thats unacceptable. We didnt bring it tonight and against a team like that if you dont bring it, its going to be a long night for you." NOTES: San Antonio kept Matt Bonner (strained calf) at home because, "he wasnt going to play anyway," Popovich said. ... The Spurs finished with 37 assists, including seven by C Tiago Splitter. ... Nuggets F Jan Vesely (bruised rib cage) was back on the court after missing two games. He finished with five points. ... Reserve G Evan Fournier had 15 points for the Nuggets. ... Denver trailed by as many as 35 points. Detlef Schrempf Jersey . Saltalamacchia drove in the go-ahead run in the ninth inning, Henderson Alvarez won for the first time in three starts and the Miami Marlins beat the Braves 3-2 on Thursday night. Ray Allen Jersey . -- Canada played to expectation up until halftime. http://www.authenticthunderauthority.com/raymond-felton-thunder-jersey-c-24/ . - While a fast-paced offence has become more of a fixture in recent years, the San Antonio Spurs can still grind out games when needed. MELBOURNE, Australia -- Eugenie Bouchard is the first Canadian to reach a Grand Slam singles semifinal in 30 years after a stunning upset of Ana Ivanovic at the Australian Open. Bouchard, the 30th seed, overcame Ivanovic 5-7, 7-5, 6-2 on Tuesday, making the Montreal native just the second Canadian to ever compete in a Grand Slam singles semi. Catch an encore presentation of Bouchards quarterfinal victory on TSN, today at 2:30pm et/11:30am pt. The last Canadian to go to the semifinals in singles play at a major was Torontos Carling Bassett at the 1984 U.S. Open. Bouchards final-four spot is also the first for a Canadian in Melbourne. The 19-year-old did it in just under two and a half hours. "We had a tough match, she was playing well at times," said Bouchard. "When she did there was not much I could do. I kept fighting, played aggressive and stepped it up in the second and third sets. "This is not a huge surprise to me I always believe in my skills. Thats something Ive been working a long time for. Its not really sudden or anything like that. I just want to keep going." Bouchard will play next against Chinas Li Na, the fourth seed, on Thursday after the former French Open champion defeated Italys Flavia Pennetta 6-2, 6-2. "I played (Li) in Montreal in 2012, we had a tough battle but I was not so experienced back then," said Bouchard. "This time Ill be ready. She wont give me many chances so Ill have to take any that I get." Bouchards ranking should rise into the top 20 as a result of her success, according to WTA calculations. She also beat Ivanovic, a former world No. 1 from Serbia, last year in the second round of Wimbledon. Bouchard stayed calm under pressure from an opponent who won the 2008 French Open but was treated repeatedly for thigh injuries, ending with seven breaks of serve and 47 winners. "Even if I had won in straight-sets today, I would still have confidence. No matter whats going to happen, Im just going to try my best. Even if Im down, I always fight." Ivanovic was impressed with her opponent. "In the third set she really was strong and played the big points well," said Ivanovic. "She was aggressive, pushing me back, insttead of me stepping in. Custom Oklahoma City Thunder Jerseys. . "Thats where I felt the match was turning. Shes definitely brave. Shes young, she has nothing to lose. I think shes a very great player with a bright future." Bouchard made a charging start with a love game and saved a pair of break points in the third game for 2-1. But she lost her way in the seventh game to begin what turned into a run of five consecutive breaks. From 5-5 when she saved two break points Bouchard lost 8-of-9 points, six through unforced errors. The experienced Ivanovic broke for 6-5 and finally claimed the set after 47 minutes on her fourth chance, with Bouchard saving a third set-winner on an Ivanovic error before netting a backhand. In the second set, Bouchard kept calm as she began to make up ground, taking a 3-1 lead on a break. But Ivanovic showed her own fight in a 10-minute seventh game, which she won to break back 4-5 after six deuces. Ivanovic was then taken off court by a trainer for treatment on a thigh, with Bouchard forced to wait for more than seven minutes. As she waited, Bouchards approximately dozen-strong, Aussie-born "Genie Army" chanted. Theyve presented her with a new stuffed animal doll after each match. "I tried to for sure show I was calm, I did feel confident," said Bouchard, who was playing a Grand Slam main draw for only the fourth time and is making her debut in Melbourne. "Having lost the first set, I just tried to focus on what I had to do during the point to try to win. "It was really just try to keep pressing her and moving forward. I felt like my game got a bit better as the match went on." Bouchard came straight back when play resumed, breaking Ivanovic to love with a winner to the corner but again failed to hold the break, with Ivanovic coming back for 4-5 and serving to five-all. Bouchard levelled at a set each as Ivanovic double-faulted twice in the final game to hand over a 7-5 result. Bouchard began the third set with another double and went down a break 1-3, then reached 5-2 as she sent Ivanovic chasing helpless to the far corner of the court in pursuit of a winner. She closed out victory with a forehand winner to the corner for a seventh break of serve. Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor