Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

Jose Mourinho has been appointed Manchester United boss - after his agent Jorge Mendes held negotiations with executive vice-cha

in Länder 27.07.2018 09:18
von jokergreen0220 • 1.793 Beiträge

Jose Mourinho has been appointed Manchester United boss - after his agent Jorge Mendes held negotiations with executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward. Willie Stargell Jersey . Mendes name is often linked to the biggest deals in football - but who is he, and how did he come to wield so much power?We profile the super-agent at the heart of the appointment of Manchester Uniteds next manager… Who is Jorge Mendes?Mendes is a 50-year-old football agent, who has conducted some of the biggest transfers in European football.He counts Cristiano Ronaldo, Diego Costa, James Rodriguez and David de Gea among his clients and is currently working on Jose Mourinhos appointment as Manchester United manager.The Portuguese negotiator, who heads up his own sports agency GestiFute, has reportedly worked on transfers totalling more than £1bn during his 20-year career and carries significant influence in the world of football. Sky Sports News HQs Andy Burton has the latest on Jose Mourinhos impending appointment at Manchester United. How long has Mendes worked with Mourinho?Mendes first worked with Mourinho in 2004, when the former Porto boss joined Chelsea. Mendes brokered the deal and benefitted from the success of the move.With his profile enhanced, numerous Portuguese players took up his services and Ricardo Carvalho, Paulo Ferreira, Tiago and Maniche all followed Mourinho to Chelsea through Mendes.The pair have continued to work together, with Mendes securing lucrative deals for Mourinho at Inter Milan, Real Madrid and on his return to Chelsea. Now Manchester United awaits. There is only one person who can win the best agent of the year award and its Jorge Mendes, Mourinho said in 2010.Recently, Mendes facilitated Costas £32m transfer from Atletico Madrid to Chelsea, where his goals helped Mourinhos side to the Premier League title in 2014/15. Jorge Mendes watches Monaco with his client Radamel Falcao (R) Has he worked with Manchester United before?Mendes has done plenty of business with Manchester United in the past, including Angel Di Marias British record transfer move from Real Madrid in 2014. Mendes is also responsible for the deal which brought a certain Cristiano Ronaldo to Old Trafford in 2003.Mendes worked on Anderson and Nanis Manchester United deals, too, and, of the current crop, represents De Gea, who was on the brink of joining Real Madrid last summer.Sir Alex Ferguson has spoken of his respect for Mendes: Jorge Mendes is the best agent I dealt with, without a doubt. He was responsible, looked after his players… and was very fair with clubs. That, despite Mendes being involved in Bebes transfer to United. Ferguson admitted he hadnt seen the Portuguese player in action before the deal was completed and Bebe only made two first-team appearances. Crsitiano Ronaldo is a long-term client of Mendes Which other major deals has he been involved in?As well as big-money moves involving Ronaldo, Di Maria, Rodriguez and Costa, Mendes has recently facilitated Manchester Citys £32m purchase of Eliaquim Mangala and Alex Teixeiras £38.4m switch to Chinese Super League club Jiangsu Suning from Shakhtar Donetsk.Mendes also represents Renato Sanches, who joined Bayern Munich for an initial sum of £27.5m this summer following an impressive season with Benfica - and Sky sources have revealed the midfielder would have joined Manchester United if they had come to an agreement with Benfica in time.Mendes also has a number of players at Valencia and claims that 68 per cent of all transfers at Sporting Lisbon, Benfica and Porto between 2001 and 2010 were conducted by him.Will he be busy this summer? Real Madrids James Rodriguez is a Mendes player Almost certainly. Portugal midfielder and Mendes client Joao Moutinho could be one big name on the move this summer, following speculation in January Manchester United would be interested in taking him from Monaco, while Radamel Falcao could be on the lookout for a switch following failed spells with United and Chelsea.Meanwhile, Sky Sports Spanish football expert Guillem Balague says Real Madrid would be happy to sell another Mendes player, James, who they signed in 2014 for £63m.How did he become an agent?He may be working on multi-million pound deals now, but Mendes career as an agent had humble beginnings. He was a nightclub owner in Portugal 20 years ago when he met goalkeeper Nuno and helped him join Deportivo La Coruna.Multi-lingual Mendes built his client base around young, talented Portuguese footballers and as his players impressed, his reputation grew.Now he is at the heart of one of the most eagerly-anticipated managerial appointments of recent times. Also See: Mourinho and Ibra in quotes Mourinho agrees United terms John Jaso Jersey . -- Phil Hughes ended a personal losing streak that dated to last July, pitching into the seventh inning Sunday and helping the Twins top the Kansas City Royals 8-3 to avoid a three-game sweep. Dave Parker Jersey . The trade deadline is Monday, Mar. 2 at 3pm et/Noon pt. TRADES COMPLETED SINCE OCT. 1, 2014: Feb. 15, 2015 Toronto Maple Leafs acquire: F Olli Jokinen, F Brendan Leipsic, 1st Round Pick (2015) Nashville Predators acquire: D Cody Franson, F Mike Santorelli Feb. http://www.pittsburghpiratesprostore.us/Kent-Tekulve-pirates-jersey/ . "Rob brings a wealth of coaching experience, having worked both in Canada and overseas in player development," Canada Soccer technical director Tony Fonseca said in a release. When it came to sport, Nelson Mandela had the ability to inspire even inspirational figures and leave global stars completely star-struck. The anti-apartheid leader, former South African president and Nobel Peace Prize winner died on Thursday at the age of 95, prompting a vast outpouring of tributes from the worlds best-known athletes and top sporting bodies. Muhammad Ali, himself a role model for so many, said Mandela inspired others to "reach for what appeared to be impossible." "What I will remember most about Mr. Mandela is that he was a man whose heart, soul and spirit could not be contained or restrained by racial and economic injustices, metal bars or the burden of hate and revenge," Ali said in a statement through his foundation. Pele wrote, "He was my hero, my friend." Tiger Woods called his meeting with Mandela in 1998 "inspiring times." "Its sad for everyone who got a chance to not only meet him, but Ive been influenced by him," Woods said. Usain Bolt posted on Twitter: "One of the greatest human beings ever." The NBAs LeBron James said: "In his 95 years, he was able to do unbelievable things not only for South Africa but for the whole world." As much as sportsmen and women loved Mandela, he in turn loved sport and appreciated its enormous potential to do good. Nowhere more than in his own country, where he famously used the 1995 Rugby World Cup to knock down the last barriers of apartheid. "A remarkable man who understood that sport could build bridges, break down walls, and reveal our common humanity," International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach said in a statement to The Associated Press. The IOC would fly the Olympic flag at half-staff for three days for Mandela, he said. Bach later choked up while speaking about when he met Mandela in 1996 and asked the former political prisoner if he felt hatred toward the apartheid regime that imprisoned him for 27 years. "His immediate response was no but he saw the doubt in my eyes," Bach said on Friday. "You dont believe me? he asked. I can tell you why. If I hate I would not be a free man anymore." Bach wasnt the only one to show his emotions. Gary Player paused while speaking at a golf tournament in South Africa to compose himself and wipe away tears. "When you think of a man going to jail for all those years for doing the right thing, not the wrong thing, its hard to comprehend that a man can come out and be like that," Player said. "He was an exceptional man, just exceptional." FIFA president Sepp Blatter said he and world football were in mourning at Mandelas passing and ordered that the 209 flags of its member countries at FIFA headquarters in Switzerland also be flown at half-staff. "It is in deep mourning that I pay my respects to an extraordinary person, probably one of the greatest humanists of our time and a dear friend of mine," Blatter said. From a cricket test in Australia to basketball games in the United States, and a golf tournament in the wilderness of South Africa, Mandela was remembered by players and fans across sport with moments of silence. A keen amateur boxer and runner in his youth, Mandela understood the intricacies of rugby, football and cricket, the most popular sports in his country, but even games and players the South African wouldnt have been familiar with were touched by him. "Nelson Mandela was one of the most powerful and inspirational leaders in the world and a great friend of the NBA," league commissioner David Stern said, "... and while we mourn his passing, we know that his legacy andd quest for equality will endure. Josh Harrison Jersey. quot; Sport was never far from Mandelas mind. He was there -- often the driving force -- when South Africa returned to the Olympic family, won rugbys World Cup, won footballs African Cup and earned the right to host FIFAs World Cup in 2010, the first in Africa. It was fitting that Mandelas last appearance for an adoring public was when he greeted fans in a packed stadium on the outskirts of Soweto ahead of the 2010 World Cup final. "When he was honoured and cheered by the crowd ... it was as a man of the people, a man of their hearts, and it was one of the most moving moments I have ever experienced," Blatter said. A string of Spains World Cup winners from that year and Portugals Cristiano Ronaldo all tweeted messages of condolence, with many including photographs of themselves with Mandela. Global superstars Woods and David Beckham both made a point of meeting him when they travelled to South Africa. Woods came out of his audience with a copy of the mans autobiography and Beckham was almost reverent in their 2003 meeting. "We have lost a true gentleman and a courageous human being," Beckham said on his Facebook page. "It was truly an honour to have known a man who had genuine love for so many people." South African golfer Ernie Els said that from around 1996 onwards Mandela would call him every time he won a tournament and they once exchanged gifts after Mandela visited him at a tournament near the ex-presidents Johannesburg home. "Ive still got that picture in my office in the U.S.," Els said. "He was just the most amazing person I have ever met." But Mandelas interest in sport wasnt just for the grand occasion and the photo opportunity. Recalling his first conversation with a still imprisoned Mandela in 1986 and away from the media spotlight, former Australian prime minister Malcolm Fraser said Mandelas first question was about cricket and the man regarded as that sports greatest player. "His first remark to me, after hello, was ... Mr. Fraser, is Donald Bradman still alive?" Fraser later brought him a bat signed by Bradman. Crickets finest batsman had written "in recognition of a great unfinished innings" for Mandela on the bat. What Mandela did at that 1995 Rugby World Cup final is one of sports defining moments and enshrined in the new South Africas conscience. By pulling on the green and gold jersey of the Springboks, the national team previously all-white and associated with the apartheid regime, Mandela signalled to all South Africans that they should unite. His presentation of the trophy to the Springboks blond captain Francois Pienaar provided a lasting image of reconciliation that politics just couldnt match. "It was our privilege to have lived in this country during his lifetime," South African Rugby Union president Oregan Hoskins said. After 1995, Mandela commonly referred to the team that had previously been boycotted abroad for its associations with apartheid as "my beloved Springboks." Current Springboks captain Jean de Villiers said: "His presence at a test match just lifted the crowd and energized the team -- it is actually hard to describe." Even for New Zealands losing rugby captain on that famous June day in 1995, Sean Fitzpatrick, Mandelas effect was too momentous not to appreciate. "Afterwards, when we were driving back to our hotel crying, to see the sheer enjoyment of everyone running down the streets ... black, white, colored, whatever they were, just arm in arm celebrating sport," Fitzpatrick said. "He saw the bigger picture." Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor