Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

LONDON -- Tim Sherwood was fired by Tottenham less than five months into his first management job on Tuesday, having quickly gai

in Bundespolitik 18.07.2018 08:35
von jokergreen0220 • 1.793 Beiträge

LONDON -- Tim Sherwood was fired by Tottenham less than five months into his first management job on Tuesday, having quickly gained a reputation as a lively if erratic figure on the touchline. Frank Gore Jersey . The inexperienced Englishman was promoted within the north London club in December after Andre Villas-Boas was fired after failing to gel a slew of expensive signings. Although the 45-year-old Sherwood was given an 18-month contract, it contained an end-of-season break clause that Tottenham has now exercised. Amid constant doubts over his future in charge, the clubs former head of football development won 13 out of 22 games in the league, where Tottenham finished sixth to qualify for the Europa League. "We wish him great success in his managerial career," Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy said. "Moving forward, now the season is over, we shall embark on the process of finding a new head coach." In the 13 years that Levy has run Tottenham, the club has gone through seven permanent managers. Southampton manager Mauricio Pochettino has been linked with the Tottenham job in recent weeks, while Ajax coach Frank de Boer said last month that Tottenham had approached the Amsterdam club to test his interest in making the switch. Tottenham aspires to qualify for the Champions League again, having played one season alongside Europes elite in 2010-11. "We have a talented squad and exciting young players coming through," Levy said. "We need to build on this season, develop our potential and inspire the kind of performances that we associate with our great club." Some of the liveliest performances came on the touchline in the second half of the season, with Sherwood cutting a frantic figure, swearing and engaging with complaining fans. During Sherwoods final match, a 3-0 victory over Aston Villa at White Hart Lane on Sunday, Sherwood plucked a heckling supporter from the crowd, handed him his sleeveless jacket and sat him down in the managers chair. "That guy is an expert," Sherwood said. "Every week he tells me what to do, so I gave him the opportunity to have a go." Tottenham didnt pose the same attacking threat without Gareth Bale, who was allowed to join Real Madrid in August for 100 million euros (then $132 million). The cash was invested in signing seven players, including Roberto Soldado, Paulinho, Erik Lamela and Christian Eriksen. A.J. Derby Dolphins Jersey . The union filed a grievance late Thursday, one day after Goodell suspended four players who participated in bounties from 2009-11. The complaint says Goodell is prohibited from punishing players for any aspect of the case occurring before the new collective bargaining agreement was signed last August. Jason Sanders Dolphins Jersey .C. - Goodyear has warned teams that increased speeds at Charlotte Motor Speedway will put a heavy emphasis on the right front tires in Saturday nights race a€” a potentially key development for drivers trying to advance in the Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship. http://www.officialauthenticdolphinsshop.com/authentic-danny-amendola-jersey.html . - Urijah (The California Kid) Faber finds himself in an unaccustomed position Saturday night at UFC 175 — on the preliminary card.PITTSBURGH -- Of all the things that happened during a tumultuous off-season for the Pittsburgh Penguins, shoring up goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury for the long term was not one of them. Fleury is entering the final season of a seven-year, $35 million contract. He is eligible for unrestricted free agency next summer if he is not re-signed. The first overall pick in the 2003 NHL draft helped the Penguins reach the 2008 Stanley Cup final and win the trophy in 2009. If entering a contract year or the possibility of a trade is weighing on him, Fleury is not letting on. "I just want to go play, go win," Fleury said Monday before giving up two power-play goals on 20 shots over two periods of work in Pittsburghs exhibition loss to Detroit. "Whats going to happen is whats going to happen. Im not worried too much about it." For Fleury, the memory of the negotiations that went into his current deal has given him some perspective and eased the uncertainty. He was 23 when he signed that lucrative offer. "I thought, I wont have to worry about it for a long time," Fleury said. "And now Im already entering my last year. Its crazy how time flies. I was very fortunate to have that contract, to be in Pittsburgh for that long, to have that security, a chance to play with great players, win the Cup." Fleury also set franchise records for wins (288), shutouts (28) and playoff shutouts (eight). Hes had at least 35 wins every season except for lockout-shortened 2012-13. But Fleury became a target as Pittsburghs post-season failures piled up. Since winning the Cup, the team has reached the Eastern Conference final just once, getting swept by Boston in 2013, and lost in the first round twice. In 2013, Fleury lost his No. 1 role to Tomas Vokoun during the first round. Fleury finally escaped harsh criticism last spring when the Penguins offence withered and the team bllew a 3-1 series lead against the New York Rangers in the second round -- a post-season disappointment that led to an overhaul of the Penguins staff and roster. Jerome Baker Dolphins Jersey. There doesnt seem to be much of a push, if any, to get a new contract in place for Fleury. How he performs this season and in the 2015 playoffs could heavily influence what approach the Penguins take under will new coach Mike Johnston and new general manager Jim Rutherford. "We try to stress the process -- following through with the process and trying to do the right things every day so youre not looking too far ahead," Penguins goaltending coach Mike Bales said. "Marcs good at that and that will obviously have to be his focus this year." In their first season working together, Fleury and Bales hit it off last year. "It was good from the start," Fleury said. "Hes easy to talk to. The thing we changed the most was (handling) plays around the post, a little different technique that I had to learn, practice and get better at." Neither Fleury nor Bales identified an aspect of the goaltenders game that will receive extra attention this season, although Fleurys puck-handling has been adventurous at times. A home game Nov. 28 will hold special significance for Fleury. Not because of the opponent, Carolina, or any career statistical relevance, but because hell turn 30 that day. "I dont know if its a milestone," said Fleury, grinning. "Im, like, Oh, geez. Im going to be 30. Im getting old. A little more experience, a little more mature. I guess its not all bad." Before he turns 31, Fleury will know what his future holds. He said hes not equating wins with dollar signs or decimal points. "I dont want to tie it in that way," Fleury said. "After (this) contract, Im set (financially). My family is good. I just want to go out, play, win." Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Stitched Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Outlet ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor