Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

GLASGOW -- Neil Lennon quit as Celtic manager on Thursday after winning five trophies in four years with the Scottish club. [url

in USA+Kanada 09.05.2018 05:54
von jokergreen0220 • 1.793 Beiträge

GLASGOW -- Neil Lennon quit as Celtic manager on Thursday after winning five trophies in four years with the Scottish club. Jon Bostic Jersey . Lennon confirmed his decision to step down after his agent Martin Reilly said the former club captain needed a fresh challenge, and wanted "to look ahead to the next chapter of his career." Despite winning a third consecutive Scottish league, Lennon had reportedly been considering his position for some time because of uncertainties over the player budget for next season. "I have supported Celtic all my life and the club will always be part of me. However, I feel the time is now right to move on to a new challenge," said the 42-year-old Lennon, adding he will assist Celtic in the search for his successor. "As ever, we will need our fans support, and I am sure they will give the club and the new manager the same great backing which they gave to myself," he told the clubs website. Lennon was appointed manager in 2010 as a replacement for Tony Mowbray, and guided Celtic to three league titles and two Scottish Cups. He also led Celtic to the last 16 of the Champions League and his players claimed a win over Barcelona in the group stage in November 2012. Lennon is expected to continue his career in England, having been linked to clubs including West Bromwich Albion and Norwich. His agent, however, says Lennon has yet to accept a job offer. "He has nothing lined up. He just feels now is the time to move on to the next challenge," Reilly said. As a player, Lennon joined Celtic in 2000 and won five titles in seven seasons, and reached the UEFA Cup final in 2003. He left the club in 2007 to join Nottingham Forest but returned to Celtic Park a year later as a member of the coaching staff. Lennons reign was not without controversy as he received a four-match touchline ban following a spat with then Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist in March 2011. In other incidents the same year, a letter bomb addressed to the Celtic manager was intercepted by Royal Mail staff in 2011 and Lennon was attacked by a Hearts supporter. Former Celtic player Henrik Larsson, currently in charge of Swedish club Falkenbergs, is favoured to succeed Lennon. Quincy Wilson Jersey . PAUL, Minn. Marlon Mack Jersey . Joining him in this years class were Switzerlands Patrick Huerlimann and Norways Eigil Ramsfjell. The announcement was made at the world mens curling championship at Capital Indoor Stadium in China. http://www.coltsofficialstore.us/authentic-rashaan-melvin-colts-jersey/ . -- Two out of three aint bad. SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Tommy Wingels fit right in with new linemates Logan Couture and Patrick Marleau after Brent Burns returned to the ice for the San Jose Sharks. Wingels scored two goals and Marleau added a goal and two assists to help the Sharks get their first home win in more than a month with a 5-1 victory over the Tampa Bay Lightning on Thursday night. "Its fun scoring goals in this league," Wingels said. "Patty and Logan on both of those plays made really nice passes, and I happened to be the beneficiary of it." Couture added three assists, and the trio helped shut down Martin St. Louis on Tampas top line to give the Sharks the win in their first game back following a winding, five-game road trip in which they changed time zones after every game. Burns and Brad Stuart also scored for the Sharks, and Antti Niemi made 36 saves. Tyler Johnson scored for the Lightning, who dropped their season-worst third straight game on a rough West Coast trip that ends Friday night in Anaheim. Tampa Bay has been outscored 16-6 in losses to Phoenix, Los Angeles and San Jose as they are struggling since losing star centre Steven Stamkos to a broken right leg last week. "There have been six points on the table, and we have yet to find one," coach Jon Cooper said. "To me this is a rough trip. Things had been going our way for a long time this year to start the season, and now not so much." Since beating Calgary on Oct. 19, the Sharks have gone on a pair of five-game road trips around a winless three-game homestand that featured a pair of shootout losses. They found their winning touch at home again at the start of a season-high, five-game homestand. Wingels played a big part in his first career two-goal game. He got the scoring started early in the first period and then with the Lightning making a strong push in the second, Wingels added his second goal. Marleau found him with a slick pass from behind the net, and Wingels one-timed it past Anders Lindback on the short side for his seventh goal of the season. That is one shy of his career total in 80 games coming into the season. "Hes playing with so much confidence right now," captain Joe Thornton said. Frank Gore Jersey. . "That line looked dangerous all night long. Good for Tommy to keep it going. Patty looked great, Logan looked great. They did a good job for us." San Jose broke it open with two goals in a 19-second span early in the third. Burns, back after missing 13 games with an upper-body injury, got the first when Thorntons deflection of Scott Hannans shot-pass hit his leg on the way into the net. "I didnt do anything. But hey, I dont say no to them," Burns said. Marleau then scored his 11th goal following the next faceoff to make it 5-0. Lindback, making his fifth start of the season in place of Ben Bishop, made 31 saves but got no offensive support in the loss. The Sharks got off to another fast start with two goals in the first period. San Jose has outscored the opposition 30-12 in the first, a big part of the teams success in the first quarter of the season. Couture and Marleau won a battle in the corner to get it started, setting up Wingels in the slot for his first goal. The Lightning had their chances in the first period, including a power play when they spent the entire 2 minutes in the offensive zone, but Niemi stopped all three shots. Stuart added to the lead late in the period with a point shot that beat Lindback, putting the Lightning in a 2-0 hole in the first period for the third straight game. "Anytime you are down 2-0 to start a game it is always pretty tough to get back into it," Johnson said. "The pucks are just going in. We have to be better." NOTES: Jim Craig, the goaltender on the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team that won the gold medal, got a warm ovation when he was interviewed after the second period. ... The Sharks avoided their first four-game home losing streak since dropping six straight in 2010-11. ... The Sharks improved to 8-0-1 with Burns in the lineup and are averaging 4.9 goals per game in those contests. ... The Lightning had won their first seven games against Western Conference teams before losing three straight on this trip. Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys Store NFL Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

RE: GLASGOW -- Neil Lennon quit as Celtic manager on Thursday after winning five trophies in four years with the Scottish club. [url

in USA+Kanada 12.05.2020 13:02
von phileosofos • 5 Beiträge

I like it

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor