Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

NEW YORK -- Free-agent right-hander Bartolo Colon and the New York Mets finalized their deal Saturday, giving the team the start

in Bundespolitik 11.04.2018 10:03
von jokergreen0220 • 1.793 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Free-agent right-hander Bartolo Colon and the New York Mets finalized their deal Saturday, giving the team the starter it was seeking to replace injured ace Matt Harvey. Breshad Perriman Jersey . Colon and the Mets agreed to the two-year, $20 million deal Wednesday at the winter meetings. Out of baseball in 2010 because of injuries, the 2005 AL Cy Young Award winner revived his career with the New York Yankees and Oakland over the past three years. Even though he will be 41 in May, Colon went 18-6 last year with a 2.65 ERA for the Athletics in a season he began by completing a 50-game suspension for a positive testosterone test. He struck out 117 and walked only 29 in 190 1-3 innings. Justin Tucker Jersey . The former world No. 1 Djokovic, who is the top seed here despite being ranked No. 2, snuck past 35-year-old Czech showman Radek Stepanek in four high- quality sets, 6-4, 6-3, 6-7 (5-7), 7-6 (7-5), on Centre Court. Djokovic appeared relieved when he converted on his first match point by swatting a cross-court forehand winner that just caught the line to end an affair that featured only two service breaks. Ronnie Stanley Jersey . -- Kael Mouillierat scored three times and set up one more as the St. http://www.ravensjerseyscheapauthentic.com/ravens-brandon-williams-black-jersey/ . - Skiing far more aggressively than in her season debut a day earlier, Lindsey Vonn was in provisional 10th place after the first 45 skiers in a World Cup downhill on Saturday.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca! Hi Kerry, I have a question regarding the "in-person hearings." The public is only ever told that a player has been "offered an in-person hearing", and rarely is the actual process discussed. I was wondering, what actually happens during one of these hearings? How much dialogue is there between the player and the NHL officials? From an outsiders perspective, it seems like the league has its mind made up, but has to invite the player simply because they want to issue a suspension longer than 5 games. Any insight into these closed-door meetings would be interesting to hear! Thanks! Ryan SteevesOttawa, ON ----- Hi Kerry, Max Lapierre on Dan Boyle - Obviously, that garbage has no place in the NHL. The ensuing fights, hits (Brent Burns for instance) and the injury - clearly someone needs to put their foot down. My question is - did the officials on the ice handle that properly? How many games does he sit? Sadly, Im not sure if Brendan Shanahan will give a stiff enough penalty to Lapierre and it could allow dirty players to continue doing this with a fair trade-off in their minds. That being said - my last question: Has the NHL ever asked you to head up the Department of Player Safety and would you (though I would be sad to see it since this column would have to go away)? Always hated it when you were the ref since you actually called the rules by the book and actually did a good job! I would love to see you in that position - I feel a former referee plus players advising is more appropriate way to structure that department. Cheers (and thanks for always doing a great job as a Ref), Zach Karabat Ryan and Zach: Thank you for your questions. Zach, you can bet the farm that I wont be included as a member of the Player Safety Committee let alone heading the department so have no fear, youll be able to keep reading Cmon Ref! Likewise, Ryan it would be totally inappropriate for me to speculate on what takes place through the discipline process that Brandan Shanahans office is responsible for; either through a telephone interview with the player or by invitation of an in-person hearing. What I can share with you however is a firsthand account of player hearings that I was required to attend. The format of player hearings changed a number of years ago when Brian Burke became the Vice President of Hockey Operations. Burkie was not only a lawyer but as a former General Manager and good hockey man determined that hearings could often be conducted by telephone for convenience/cost without the physical presence of the player or the Referee who called the penalty. When I began my NHL officiating career Clarence Campbell was the league president. Mr. Campbell was a Rhodes Scholar and a lawyer similarly to all his successors that have held the position, including current Commissioner Gary Bettman. Mr. Campbell was also part of the Canadian Army prosecution team at the Nuremburg trial of Nazi war criminals. The reason I mention this is because Mr. Campbell was a stickler for detailed report writing. He and his designee, Vice President Brian ONeill (responsible for supplementary discipline) insisted on the Officials writing independent detailed reports when game misconducts and match penalties were assessed in the event a player hearing was required. The Referee was always compelled to attend tthe hearing to provide evidence and be questioned on his report. Lardarius Webb Jersey. The hearing was the players "day in court" and he and often appeared with his team General Manager. They were able to plead their case and speak on the charges levied against him. Unlike today, some games might not have been televised and no footage was available of the incident so the Referees report became a very important component in the proceedings. In most hearings the player attempted to diminish what had taken place and lay blame to his opponent or even the Referee. I have also seen situations where the player showed true remorse and appealed to the goodness and mercy of the court. I want to share the bizarre details of one hearing I attended just to give you a glimpse of how creative a players line defence can be. On March 23, 1983, I assessed a match penalty to Dave "Tiger" Williams of the Vancouver Canucks for breaking his stick on the back of Washington Cap defenceman Randy Holts head. Tiger used the fact that the game was not televised to his advantage in the emergency hearing that was called by Brian ONeill. It was the best defense I ever heard in a hearing. Going into the game in the Cap Center Randy Holt, trailed Tiger by a couple of penalty minutes for the league lead in that department. Patrik Sundstrom, a skilled rookie, bumped into Holt in the corner by accident. The Caps tough guy threw down his gloves and started pummeling the Swede. I was close by and witnessed Tiger charging from the blue line with his stick held in a cross-check position straight for Holt who was facing the end boards and doing a number of Sunny. I stepped in front of Williams and like a crossing guard held my hand out signaling - Stop! There was stopping Tiger and I stepped aside as Williams shattered his stick shaft on the back of Randy Holts helmetless head! The next day at the hearing in the Toronto office, Brian ONeill read my report (no video remember) and asked Tiger if he had anything if he had anything to say in his defence. For the next 15 minutes, Tiger talked about hunting grizzly bears with a bow and arrow and turning them into rugs. The essence of his defence was that he only got one shot at a charging grizz and had to make it a kill shot; thats why he only uses "aluminum arrows" - kills em dead! For that very reason its why Tiger said he used a "wooden" hockey stick because they break real easy unlike aluminum. If he had hit Holt with even the slightest force using an aluminum stick he wouldnt have gotten up! Tiger then used me as his defence witness by referring to my report which said Holt did not fall down after being struck my Williams stick. We walked out of that hearing and I said, "Tiger, thats the biggest load of horse---- I have ever seen shoveled at one time." With a big grin on his face he replied, "You know, I think he went for it. I couldnt believe Holt didnt go down, because I really hammered him." The only punishment Tiger Williams drew was an automatic two-game suspension that came with accumulating game misconducts. Tiger was a character as well as a big-game hunter. The Referees assessed the correct penalty to Maxim Lapierre (major for check from behind and game misconduct) and the players fate is now in the hands of the Player Safety Committee. I know one thing for sure - Maxim Lapierre, Brent Burns and all the other players leveling dangerous hits on their opponents arent hunting grizzlies! This recklessness has to stop... Wholesale NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Online China Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor