Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

Bruce in the second q

in Bundespolitik 20.01.2020 09:46
von jokergreen0220 • 1.793 Beiträge

CORTLAND, N. Travis Kelce Super Bowl Jersey .Y. -- Rex Ryan got to ask the questions after practice for a change. The New York Jets coach playfully reversed roles with a reporter during his news conference at training camp Saturday. After giving an injury update on his players, Ryan stepped from the podium and took a seat with the rest of the media -- and told ESPN New York beat writer Rich Cimini to take his place. Ryan asked Cimini if he wanted to start his newser by discussing the injuries, and Cimini cleverly answered with a few of the coachs often-repeated lines: "Im not going into too much depth. Were leaning on the doctors and trainers." Laughs all around. Ryan then peppered Cimini with several questions for nearly 10 minutes, such as "Whats the toughest part of the job?" and "Why did you get into this profession?" Cimini, in his 26th season covering the Jets, handled Ryans inquiries flawlessly. Not so easy trading a playbook for a notebook, coach? "Ill make em way harder later," Ryan said, smiling. "Ive got to come up with some better questions." Ryan, in his sixth season as coach of the Jets, acknowledged that he sometimes gets tired of hearing the same questions about the quarterbacks -- from Mark Sanchez to Tim Tebow to Geno Smith and Michael Vick. "Its like, guys, how many times are you going to ask me a question about a quarterback thing that clearly I dont want to answer," he said. "Lets ask it sideways, lets do it this way. And I know you guys try to pick on me and sometimes Ill make a mistake and then you guys pounce all over it." And, yes, when asked about Tebow specifically, Ryan said he "absolutely" grew weary of the barrage of questions "because youre talking about a backup quarterback." Tebow spent the 2012 season with the Jets and played sparingly. Ryan asked Cimini about his favourite stories on the beat, and he mentioned the runs to the AFC championship games in the 2009 and 2010 seasons. "Thats when you were in your bragging days," Cimini said, "and you would give us a lot of back pages." Without missing a beat, Ryan fired one more self-deprecating zinger. "Yeah," he said, "unfortunately, some front pages, too." Demarcus Robinson Super Bowl Jersey . Ireland was the last unbeaten side in the championship after France fell to Wales on Friday, and was favoured to end a three-match losing run to England with a side with more than twice as many caps, rampant momentum, and added incentive to celebrate Brian ODriscolls world record-tying 139th test cap. Derrick Thomas Super Bowl Jersey . -- Aaron Rodgers looked fine on the practice field Thursday. http://www.thechiefsshoponline.com/Youth-Marcus-Allen-Chiefs-Jersey/ . The 20-year-old Barkley, whose impressive form this season could earn him a place in Englands World Cup squad, was hurt in Evertons 4-0 win over Queens Park Rangers in the FA Cup on Jan.TORONTO -- Tanner Marsh didnt need any late-game heroics to win his first CFL start. The rookie quarterback threw for 309 yards and a touchdown to lead the Montreal Alouettes past the Toronto Argonauts 20-9 on Tuesday night. Marsh did a solid job of managing the game, surrendering just one interception after throwing four and losing two fumbles coming off the bench last week to rally the Als past B.C. 39-38. Marsh received plenty of help Tuesday night from a Montreal defence that held Toronto (5-4) to just one point from two impressive early drives, then forced four turnovers, including linebacker Shea Emrys 38-yard first-half fumble return for a TD. "When youre a young quarterback trying to get into a groove and you see your defence make huge stops, that gives you a lot of confidence," Marsh said. "Our defence did nothing but that, they did a great job, an amazing job. "I have to get hit a few times in order to get into and I got hit and I was into it, I just got into a groove. Its an awesome feeling winning your first start. Its a great start to a career." Marshs 57-yard completion to Eric Deslauriers set up Sean Whytes game-winning 15-yard field goal against B.C. The 23-year-old Texan finished 18-of-27 passing versus Toronto and got the better of Argos sophomore Zach Collaros before a Rogers Centre gathering of 18,863 consisting mostly of enthusiastic university students. They witnessed a contest that felt more like a pre-season game given the seven combined turnovers, 19 penalties and 18 punts. But Marshs calm demeanour impressed Alouettes veteran receiver S.J. Green, who had eight catches for 143 yards, both game highs. "Tanner came out very poised and took control of the game," he said. "He made the plays and kept us moving. "We already believed in him and its great how he showed up and played well." Montreal interim coach Jim Popp said Marshs biggest attribute is his ability to always look downfield. "He keeps his eyes upfield, thats the biggest thing and he gives us a chance," Popp said. "He gives us a chance to make plays." Collaros, Torontos starter with incumbent Ricky Ray (shoulder) out six weeks, was 21-of-32 passing for 261 yards with a TD but threw an interception and had a costly fumble. The former Cincinnati star was hurt at 9:59 of the second when taken down by an illegal Chip Cox horse-collar tackle. He was replaced briefly by Trevor Harris but returned on Torontos next possession. Montreal (4-5) doesnt have time to enjoy the win. The Alouettes host Toronto on Sunday to complete the home-and-home series. Montreal is tied with Hamilton (4-5) for second in the East Division after improving to 2-0 with veteran Anthony Calvillo (concussion) sidelined. The Argos certainly had their chances. Their best opportunity to get back into the game came late in the third when Dontrelle Inmans 10-yard catch put them at the Montreal 13-yard line. But Popp successfully challenged the play, correctly contending Inman fumbled and Alouette Byron Parker recovered. Marsh then hit Duron Carter -- the son of Pro Football Hall of Famer Cris Carter -- on a 477-yard completion to end the third to set up Sean Whytes 14-yard field goal at 1:50 of the fourth for a 20-8 advantage. Chris Jones Super Bowl Jersey. "That (challenge) was a big play because had they scored it wouldve been a different game," Popp said. "Im just glad we were able to get the ball and move it up the field." Toronto also opened the game with two impressive drives but only managed Noel Prefontaines single off a missed 30-yard field goal at 2:39 of the first. Prefontaine set up for a 30-yard boot on the Argos second drive but holder Harris bobbled the snap and was held short of the first down, giving Montreal possession at its own three-yard line. Collaros hit John Chiles on a 34-yard TD pass at 10:01 of the first to put Toronto ahead 8-0 but Argos head coach Scott Milanovich said the missed early chances were big. "I felt like we couldve had a much larger lead there late in the first quarter," he said. "We didnt and thats part of football games and weve got to be able to continue play. "But I felt we left some opportunities out there." Predictably, Milanovich didnt pin the loss on Collaros. "Its never all on one guy," he said. "You cant turn the ball over as many times as we did and have the penalties. "We started off decently, we werent able to finish drives. We got into a little bit of a funk and werent able to get out of it." Montreal tied the season series 1-1 as the Argonauts won the first meeting 39-13 on Aug. 8. The two teams play their regular-season finale Nov. 1 at Rogers Centre. Prefontaine booted the convert and two singles. Arland Bruce III scored Montreals other touchdown. Whyte kicked two field goals and two converts. Emrys 37-yard return of a Collaros fumble and Marshs 28-yard TD strike to Bruce in the second quarter staked the Alouettes to an unlikely 17-8 lead in a sloppy opening half of missed opportunities. Emry scored at 13:31 less than five minutes after Bruce gave Montreal its first lead of the game. "He just wants to be that guy," Bruce said of Marsh. "You can see that in the classroom, you can see that at practice. "He doesnt get flustered. If he doesnt make a play, hell stand up as a man and say, Hey, thats my fault guys, Ill get better, and thats what you want from a quarterback. I think hes going to get better." NOTES -- Astronaut Chris Hadfield performed the ceremonial opening kickoff . . . Bruces first-half TD catch was the 90th of his CFL career, making him just the sixth player to reach that lofty plateau . . . Torontos next four games are on the road. The Argos return to Rogers Centre on Oct. 4 to host Hamilton . . . . Between them, Calvillo and Ray have a combined 446 CFL starts (277 for Calvillo, 169 for Ray). Theyve also won three Grey Cups apiece . . . Cox came in leading the CFL in tackles with 62, nine ahead of Torontos Robert McCune, who was in second . . . Montreal linebacker Kyries Hebert, the clubs second-leading tackler who was tied for fifth overall with 42, was one of the four players scratched from the contest . . . Ottawa Redblack GM Marcel Desjardins was in attendance. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor