Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

Green Bay has plenty of options for slot receivers already

in Alte Heimat 16.01.2020 03:25
von liny195 • 73 Beiträge

JK Scott Jersey , and they could get even more in the draft at the end of the month.The Green Bay Packers need a plan at slot receiver. While pretty much every other starting job on the roster is settled, what the Packers do in the slot will be a fascinating saga to watch over the course of spring workouts and training camp.Plenty of players already on the team could contribute there. Each of the Packers’ top four receivers — Davante Adams, Geronimo Allison, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, and Equanimeous St. Brown — have experience in the slot. Jake Kumerow does as well. Add in tight end Jimmy Graham, who is less of a blocker and more of a big slot receiver anyway, and you have lots of big players to contribute.In addition, the 2019 NFL Draft provides some exciting options. One player we’ll learn about shortly has a diminutive frame, but exceptional athletic ability. Numerous other options like Ohio State’s Parris Campbell, Ole Miss’ A.J. Brown, and others could also come into play early on the second day of the draft.In short, there are already no shortage of options; the question now is what head coach Matt LaFleur and his staff choose to do once the season rolls around.Packers keeping their options open in the slot | Packers.comWith Randall Cobb gone, the Packers are looking inside and outside the organization for players who can get separation from the inside of the formation. However Kevin King Jersey , LaFleur's past experience and some of Brian Gutekunst's comments suggest that a bigger body is what they're looking for there.Report: Packers ‘really interested’ in UMass WR Andy Isabella | Packers WireHowever, the interest in Isabella goes counter to the idea of lining up bigger players in the slot. Since Ted Thompson got the GM job, the team has never drafted a receiver shorter than Cobb (5-foot-10 1/4). Isabella is an inch and a half shorter than that, but he does have ludicrous speed (4.31) and good workout numbers in other areas.Edge rusher Preston Smith reaching for 'high ceiling' with Packers | Packersnews.comSmith has played in all 65 possible games in his four-year career (including a playoff loss to the Packers in 2015), and that string of steadiness is one of his biggest strengths. However, he's looking to become a true premier edge rusher, moving beyond the label of being solid and dependable.4 most underrated signings in the second wave of 2019 NFL free agency - SBNation.comTwo former Packers slot options show up on this list: Cobb for his deal with the Cowboys and Jared Cook for his contract in New Orleans.Burglars steal $100K in Magic the Gathering cards from Bothell board game café | KIRO-TVHere’s hoping the thieves feel the Wrath of God upon them. Meanwhile, the store owners would surely like to take a Time Walk and see if their security camera has Ancestral Recall. GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Rashan Gary is his own worst critic. Nobody is harder on him than himself.But the rookie outside linebacker is trying to not allow that to get the best of him as he figures his way in Packers defensive coordinator Mike Pettine’s defense.“I’m just trying to understand that if I mess up in practice, I still have a couple more team periods to erase it,” Gary said on Friday after Green Bay’s second practice of training camp. “But I’m always hard on myself. I’m the hardest person when it comes to breaking down my own film. But it’s a learning process. I know I’m at the point where I’m able to do certain things I know I need to do. I know I can execute.”Gary’s locker is nestled between outside linebackers Preston Smith and Za’Darius Smith. Gary said he’s just trying to soak up as much knowledge as he can from the two veterans.“Those two guys are just molding me,” Gary said. “Everything they’re doing, I’m following in their footsteps.”Green Bay acquired the two Smiths in March to bolster its pass-rush personnel. The Packers drafted Gary the following month with the 12th overall pick to do the same.With the release of former Pro Bowl defensive tackle Mike Daniels earlier this week Josh Jones Jersey , Gary could be asked to do more. The two-time first-team All-Big Ten performer at Michigan said that’s not a problem.“If coach wants me to play the 3 (technique), then I’m going to go rush at the 3,” he said. “If you want me to stay outside, keep rushing outside, that’s what I’m about to do. Day by day, I’ve just been working on perfecting my craft and becoming the best I can for this team.”Gary’s listed as an outside linebacker but played both defensive end and defensive tackle while at Michigan. When asked what position he prefers, Gary kept it simple: “I’m an athlete. I don’t know how else to put it. I feel like whatever the coach wants me to do, I could do it.”Preston Smith, a fifth-year veteran who played his first four seasons in Washington, said he’s never seen a player at Gary’s height and weight that also has his athleticism. The 6-foot-5, 277-pound Gary ran a 4.58 40-yard dash at the NFL combine, the fastest by any defensive lineman in this year’s event.“He’s a good kid,” Preston said. “He has his head on right. He’s always willing to come in and learn. He loves to compete. He always wants to get better. … Being a young kid Montravius Adams Jersey , I just try to tell him, ‘Man, don’t let it get to your head,’ because sometimes he thinks he’s not doing as good as he knows he can.“I have to tell him, ‘You’re still doing good, man. Just watch the film and improve on it and try to polish up certain areas of your game.'”The priority for Gary is just to learn. Learn as much as he can as quickly as he can. Gary said he has already picked up from Aaron Rodgers that he’s tipping some of his coverages. Gary said he’s talked with Rodgers about how to better disguise his plans on the field.Gary and the Packers’ first preseason test will come Aug. 8 at Lambeau Field against the Texans. The two teams will hold joint practices Aug. 5-6 in Green Bay. Gary said he will be keeping a close eye on three-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt.“When it comes to people that are taking over the game — from rushing the passer to setting the edge and playing the run — having a guy like J.J. Watt come down, a guy I look at and watch his film, I can’t wait to watch him. It’s going to be a good thing. But I’m going to watch from a distance and make sure I take my notes on him.”Notes: S Darnell Savage (teeth), CB Josh Jackson (foot) and K Mason Crosby (calf) missed their second straight practice of training camp. … LB Kendall Donnerson left with a hamstring injury. … The Packers signed RB Corey Grant and DL Olive Sagapolu and released DL Eric Cotton. Grant was originally signed as an undrafted free agent out of Auburn by the Jacksonville Jaguars, where he played under now Packers offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor