Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

eaving Sundays in

in Bundespolitik 20.03.2018 08:07
von jokergreen0220 • 1.793 Beiträge

Portland, OR (SportsNetwork. Brandon Marshall Jersey .com) - The Seattle Sounders FC and Portland Timbers will be jostling for position in the Western Conference table when the two sides meet at Jeld-Wen Field on Sunday. You can watch the game live tonight at 9pm et/6pm pt on TSN2. There is perhaps no greater rivalry in MLS than Portlands everlasting battle with Seattle for supremacy in the Pacific Northwest, but it has been heightened this year with both sides looking destined to compete in the playoffs. Portland missed out on the postseason in its first two years in MLS, but the third time looks to be the charm as first-year head coach Caleb Porter has guided the club through an impressive campaign. The Timbers have lost just five regular season contests all year, leaving the club in third place in the West on 50 points. But while that points total is one less than Seattle, the form table indicates that Portland is in the superior position. The Timbers are unbeaten in their last five MLS contests, taking 11 points out of a possible 15 during that stretch. They also have not conceded a goal on their home turf since a 3-3 draw with Real Salt Lake on Aug. 31 and have not suffered a home defeat since a 2-1 loss to the Montreal Impact on March 3, the clubs first match of the season. Most recently, Portland split the points with Vancouver Whitecaps FC in a 2-2 draw at BC Place, a big result in Porters eyes. "First of all, it is a point," the Portland boss said after the match. "Its a big point overall. Its not what we came here for, but it doesnt allow them to make up any ground, so thats huge. "Obviously, we want to keep moving up, contend for top-three, contend for Supporters Shield - were still realistically capable of doing that, even though we got a point. More important than that, we dont allow (Vancouver) to get closer. For us to do that on the road, I think, is a positive. Well leave here feeling good about a point." While Portland has been quite formidable over the past month, Seattle has been dreadful. The Sounders enter Saturdays Cascadia Cup tilt having lost their last two league contests by a combined score of 9-2, both of which came against Western Conference opposition vying for playoff spots. "We live and die together. We live and die as team, as a staff - everybody," Sounders head coach Sigi Schmid told the clubs official website. "Weve just got to find our form again. The issue is not who we play. The issue is us finding our form." Seattle once sat atop the overall MLS table after going 8-1-3 from July 20 to Sept. 29, but the teams most recent defeats, paired with a strong run from Red Bull New York, has seen Mike Petkes side usurp the Sounders at the summit. Things will not get easier for Schmids side as it will be without Brad Evans and Eddie Johnson, who are away with the United States on national team duty. Seattle can take a bit of confidence away from its previous two meetings with Portland at CenturyLink Field this season. The two sides played to a 1-1 draw on March 16 before the Sounders claimed a 1-0 victory on Aug. 25 behind a goal from Johnson at the hour mark. But with Johnson absent and the Sounders on the road in poor form, picking up maximum points from Sundays clash seems like a daunting task. Nat Berhe Jersey . As deep as their roster is, they need their superstar. Rose scored 23 points in his return from a five-game absence due to back pain, and Chicago hung on to beat the struggling Atlanta Hawks 90-79 on Monday. Bobby Hart Jersey .A. Dickey earned an American League Gold Glove on Tuesday to become the first Toronto Blue Jays pitcher to win the award. http://www.nygiantsfanaticshop.com/Black-Evan-Engram-Giants-Jersey.html?cat=920 . Lynchs attorney, Ivan Golde, told The Associated Press on Thursday of the plea deal that was reached with the Alameda County District Attorney Office. The plea will be formally entered in court in Oakland, Calif.BOSTON -- Brad Marchand really didnt have an explanation for his recent run. He just wants it to last as long as possible. Marchand continued his hot scoring stretch with a pair of goals Monday, lifting the Boston Bruins to a 3-2 win over the Los Angeles Kings. He also had two in Bostons shootout loss in Chicago on Sunday and has scored six in his past four games. After scoring just one goal in his initial 14 games this season, hes had 11 in his past 15. "When bounces are going your way, you get more confidence," he said. "I think thats all that it is. I think early on I didnt feel confident in anything I was doing. Hopefully itll continue." The Bruins were also happy about how they played in consecutive games against strong teams, coming off the loss in a Stanley Cup rematch with the Blackhawks on Sunday. "Ive gotta be honest here," Boston coach Claude Julien said. "I was really impressed with how well we played. I would have liked to have gotten the extra point, but to come back with an afternoon game against a team that plays a (physical) game." Torey Krug had the other goal for the Bruins, who won at home for the 11th time in 13 games. Backup goaltender Chad Johnson made 21 saves. "Were very happy," Marchand said. "Two very good teams with back-to-back with travel. This game was a really tough one. Weve got to be happy. We played a great game yesterday." Linemate Patrice Bergeron can see Marchands confidence growing. "Well, definitely confidence helps a lot," he said. "I think thats got something to do with it, but I think that he is really moving his feet and hes using his speed to his advantage and hes creating a lot of plays just by his hockey instincts. Hes taking whats in front of him, hes not forcing plays." Willie Mitchell and Jeff Carter scored for the Kings. Jonathan Quick stopped 20 shots. But their special teams gave up goals in the opening period. "We gave up a goal on the power play and penalty kill," defenceman Drew Doughty said. "We picked it up in the second, but that was too late. You cant let that happen." Los Angeles has lost two straight, but collected points in six of eight (4-2-2). Marchand scored 18 seconds after Los Angeles had tied it when he one-timed Bergerons pass inside the right post by Quicks glove. "I actually didnt see what happened," Doughty said. "It happened right after. We were talking on the bbench. Roger Lewis Jersey. We cant let that happen. We actually had the momentum there. You cant even let them get a scoring chance after that." Trailing 2-1 with just under 11 1/2 minutes to play and the Kings skating on a power play, Carter fired a shot past Johnson for his team-leading 19th of the season. Marchands short-handed goal and Krugs on the power play gave Boston a 2-0 lead after one. Marchands first goal pushed Boston ahead 1-0 just over 12 minutes into the game. His score was filled with stick-handling and persistence after he beat two Kings players before slipping the puck between Quicks pads. Bergerons pass sent Marchand in one-on-one against Doughty. The Bruins winger shifted around Doughty, but lost control of the puck just before he attempted a shot. After getting it back, alone with three Kings players in front, he shifted around Anze Kopitar before firing a forehand shot. "I thought he was going to shoot it, so I went down and tried to block it," Kopitar said. "It went around me and it was a nice move that shouldnt have happened." Krugs slap shot from the right circle clanged into the net off the right post, giving Boston a 2-0 edge at 17:51. Los Angeles sliced it to 2-1 early in the second when Mike Richards circled the net and slipped a pass to Mitchell, who one-timed a shot under the crossbar near the right post. Quick kept it a one-goal game for the rest of the second with a couple of nice stops. He made a sprawling right-pad stop on Reilly Smiths bid from the edge of the crease and a glove stop on Zdeno Chara. NOTES: Boston D Adam McQuaid missed the game after leaving Sundays in Chicago with what Julien said, he believed, was a leg injury. "He is being evaluated right now by our medical staff or doctors," Julien said before the game. "I think, right now, its a leg injury." He had no further update after. ... Julien also said D Dougie Hamilton, who missed his fourth straight with a concussion, may be able to practice soon. "I havent been told yet that hes totally in with us, but that could come soon," Julien said. ... The Kings played their third of a five-game road trip. They are at Columbus on Tuesday night and Anaheim on Thursday. ... Boston is in the midst of playing seven of nine on the road. The Bruins are off until theyre at Philadelphia on Saturday and the New York Islanders on Sunday. ... Los Angeles won the only other meeting between the teams 4-2 at home on Jan. 9. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL China Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Stitched Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor