Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

Just like the rest of the pigskin-loving world

in Alte Heimat 26.12.2019 08:56
von liny195 • 73 Beiträge

https://www.brownsfanshop.com/James-Burgess-Jersey , the Los Angeles Rams' secondary was dazzled by Odell Beckham Jr.'s latest feat of one-handed brilliance when they watched Monday night's game."I mean, we already know what (Beckham) can do, but that was crazy," Rams safety John Johnson said after watching Beckham's catch against the Jets. "I really liked the throw, too."When they get an in-person look at Beckham, Baker Mayfield and the Cleveland Browns (1-1) this weekend, the Rams' (2-0) defensive backs are hoping to keep up their strong start to the season with another shutdown game.And if they give up any big plays in Cleveland, they don't plan to let it distract them from their goal of another strong season for a relatively unsung section of the defending NFC champions' defense."Any cornerback will tell you, it's all about the next play, the next play," Nickell Robey-Coleman said. "We'll just play the best defense we can play, and at the end of the day, Odell Beckham is still going to do something like that. We just have to move on."Not many opponents have done something like that lately to the Rams. After capping three straight strong playoff games by holding Tom Brady to 262 yards and no touchdowns in an otherwise miserable Super Bowl for Los Angeles, the Rams are off to a superb start in passing defense again over the first two games of this season.Los Angeles has allowed an NFL-low one reception longer than 20 yards, and opponents are managing just 5.52 yards per reception — third fewest in the league. The Rams and Patriots are the only teams that haven't allowed a touchdown pass.The Rams are seventh in the league in yards passing allowed (201.5) even though they haven't trailed in a game, which means their opponents have been throwing the ball urgently while playing from behind in the second half. They've also got two interceptions and five sacks despite the offseason departures of nose tackle Ndamukong Suh and safety Lamarcus Joyner.The pass defense got an inadvertent boost last week when Drew Brees injured his thumb in a collision with Aaron Donald's hand on the second series of the Rams' 27-9 win over New Orleans. Capable backup Teddy Bridgewater couldn't get the Saints into Los Angeles' end zone despite throwing 30 passes to Michael Thomas and a solid group of receivers."We've got great players," safety Eric Weddle said, citing Aqib Talib, Marcus Peters and Robey-Coleman as "three of the best cornerbacks in the league. We all can cover. We all can manipulate the defense. We all can run. And I think we have A.D. (Donald), the best player on defense in the league, playing on our side. It's a complete team effort. As a secondary, we strive to be the best. We know the quickest way to lose in this league is giving up long plays."Weddle replaced Joyner in the secondary this season Jim Brown Color Rush Jersey , and the veteran is calling the signals for the passing game. Weddle says there's no single reason for the Rams' solid start on defense, but his teammates are already giving him credit for keeping them organized and focused.Beckham and Mayfield have meant another long week of work for the Rams' secondary, but Weddle believes the Rams can hold their own."He's amazing, but every week the receivers are good," Weddle said. "If we sleep on a receiver, we're going to get torched. Odell is a special talent, but we don't take anyone for granted. Obviously he draws a little more attention because of the type of player he is and the success he's had over his career. Schematically, yeah, you change a little bit of your stuff, but I'm not losing sleep at night thinking about how we're going to guard him. We've got great players and a great system. We'll go out and play. We present as much challenge as they present to us."NOTES: Two offensive starters missed practice, and their availability for Sunday is in serious doubt. Tight end Tyler Higbee has a chest bruise, and right guard Austin Blythe has a low left ankle sprain. Coach Sean McVay didn't completely rule out either player for Cleveland, however. Running back Malcolm Brown was limited in practice because of an ankle injury, and Donald also was limited with a back problem. ... McVay didn't confirm Jamil Demby would join the starting offensive line if Blythe can't play, as expected, although he said Demby "did a nice job" filling in against the Saints. BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Baker Mayfield won’t back down, won’t change. Not for Hue Jackson or TV commentators or critics or anyone.Don’t bother telling Cleveland’s rookie quarterback how he should act, what he should say or how he should feel.He’s not listening.“I’m not a cookie-cutter quarterback,” Mayfield said. “Never have been, never will be.”Dismissing some condemnation for recent comments and actions, Mayfield doubled down on Wednesday by saying he doesn’t regret calling former Browns coach Hue Jackson “fake” and promised to stay true to himself.After throwing four touchdown passes and leading the Browns to a 35-20 win on Sunday in Cincinnati Jamie Collins Jersey , Mayfield was cool toward Jackson when they met on the field and then said he was unhappy with the coach’s decision to take a job with the Bengals, a division rival, just weeks after he was fired by the Browns.Mayfield’s remarks drew some harsh criticism, especially from ESPN’s Damien Woody, a former NFL player who called the 23-year-old immature and hypocritical because he transferred from Texas Tech to Oklahoma. Mayfield fired back at Woody by posting a comment on Instagram assailing Jackson, pointing out he lost 30-plus games with Cleveland, labeling him “fake.”Mayfield isn’t taking back a single word.“People took it as me personally attacking Hue, but that’s not it,” he said. “It’s the fact that I get to have my own opinion on how it transpired and he gets to do what he wants. That’s how it is. I speak my mind. That’s just how I am, so I didn’t like the (Jackson) move and people don’t have to care. I’m not looking for anybody’s approval. I don’t regret any of it. It’s about this team and what we have, and we have to stick together and play together.”Mayfield, who has played superbly in leading the Browns to two straight wins, believes his passion to play and lead has been misread.“People get maturity confused with me being 100 percent comfortable in my own skin,” Mayfield said. “It’s not immature. It’s me being exactly who I am every day. Being that same guy for our team and I think that is very important for us right now.”Mayfield declined to elaborate about his relationship with Jackson, saying “it’s in-house information and it doesn’t matter.”But Mayfield’s conduct has struck a nerve — in Cleveland, where he’s being hailed as a franchise savior, and across the NFL, which is taking note of a Browns team making some noise.This is the swaggering, headband-wearing, flag-planting Mayfield the Browns knew they were getting when the team selected him with the No. 1 overall pick. He arrived carrying a Heisman Trophy but with other baggage, which included some questionable on-field antics — and an off-field arrest — that concerned some front-office executives but didn’t dissuade the Browns.Mayfield insists he’s just being himself, and he’ll deal with detractors the way he always has.“I have an opinion and I’m entitled to that Christian Kirksey Color Rush Jersey , but the most important thing is me doing my job and I can manage both, and that’s what people don’t understand,” he said. “Yeah, a quarterback that’s a little different from some of the guys to have a voice, but that’s just how I’ve always been and I’m not going to change for anybody.”Mayfield’s relishes the rebel label. It fuels him, fires up his teammates and has endeared him to Browns fans, who believe the future is bright.But while he loves being the outsider, Mayfield knows there’s a segment of people who wish he would tone down his act and behave more in line with Drew Brees or Peyton Manning.That’s their opinion, though. Mayfield is going to be his own man.“They are their own person. I’m not trying to be exactly like them,” Mayfield said. “Yeah, there are things that I absolutely admire about both of those guys, but I’m never trying to be anybody else. I’m going to be the best version of myself and that’s what has gotten me here.”It’s gotten the Browns back to playing meaningful games in December.Just as he does on Sundays, Browns left guard Joel Bitonio protected Mayfield.“If you look at Baker’s body of work since he’s been here, I think it’s shown that he’s a confident, sometimes cocky player, but you need to be that to be a quarterback in this league,” Bitonio said. “People go about it differently and he plays the game the right way, he works the right way, he does things the right way and I’m happy he’s our quarterback.”NOTES: Interim coach Gregg Williams said rookie OL Austin Corbett had his foot stepped on Sunday at Cincinnati. The No. 33 overall pick could be sidelined for an extended period. … Williams opened his news conference by offering condolences to the Texans following the death of their owner Bob McNair. Cleveland plays at Houston on Sunday.__

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor