Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

More of the latest Browns news and notes from around the

in Länder 02.12.2019 09:09
von liny195 • 73 Beiträge

web in today’s dose of the Sunday Dawg Chow." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesDawgs EDTCleveland Browns:Shawne Merriman sees greatness in Myles Garrett (cleveland.com) - Former Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman put together a three-year run at the start of his career that saw him collect 39.5 sacks Briean Boddy-Calhoun Jersey , including a league-high 17 in 2006 despite playing in just 12 games due to suspension. He sees that type of ability to get after the quarterback in Browns defensive end Myles Garrett.Travis Kelce: Release of New Browns RB Kareem Hunt ‘Ripped Our Hearts Out’ (heavy.com) - Travis Kelce knows the Kansas City Chiefs will miss Kareem Hunt, saying on Saturday that it “ripped their hearts out” when the Pro Bowl back was cut following news that he was involved in an altercation with a woman at a Cleveland hotel.Demetrius Harris reunites with John Dorsey (clevelandbrowns.com) - Demetrius Harris’ football dreams were all but forgotten in 2012. The 6-foot-7 University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee forward was in the midst of his second and final season with the Panthers basketball team and flirting with breaking double digits in points per game. The Jacksonville, Arkansas, native was focused on the hardwood. He had little idea he’d endup earning his living wearing a helmet.NFL:Inside the NFL contract that two Steelers will not sign (ESPN) - Alejandro Villanueva considered walking away from football in 2017. He was 28 years old and beginning business school at Carnegie Mellon. His exclusive-rights free-agent status kept him on league-minimum money despite two years as a starter at left tackle. Intentionally or not, Villanueva set a precedent in the Steelers locker room that at least one player is following.Texans no longer pursuing Patriots’ Caserio for GM (NFL.com) - The Houston Texans’ search for a new general manager continues, and they’re no longer looking at a certain Patriots exec to fill the void. The team announced Friday that it has stopped pursuing New England’s de facto general manager Nick Caserio -- his official title is director of player personnel -- to replace Brian Gaine, whom the Texans fired last Friday.Cowboys’ patience in getting extension done only driving up QB’s price (Dallas News) - Another important offseason for the Dallas Cowboys continues. With the draft in the rear-view mirror and training camp on the horizon, some major roster decisions are still available for the Cowboys to make this summer -- most notably, a potential contract extension for their starting quarterback Dak Prescott (among other players). CLEVELAND (AP) — Baker Mayfield is making a handoff from the heart.The Browns rookie quarterback has teamed up with Barstool Sports to raise money for Special Olympics, an organization he first made a personal connection with while playing at Oklahoma. Mayfield has helped create a line of clothing merchandise , including T-shirts, hoodies and a flag bearing his image Joe Schobert Color Rush Jersey , with 100 percent of the sales proceeds going to Special Olympics Ohio.Mayfield was moved to do more charitable work after being involved in college with “Special Spectators,” a program that allows seriously ill children to have an all-access, VIP-day at sporting events.“It was a special bond, and when you do stuff like that, it makes a huge difference when you can build an actual relationship instead of just saying, ‘Hey, I like this cause I want to throw money at it’,” Mayfield said in a phone interview with The Associated Press.“But there were relationships throughout that process that made a huge impact on me so my love for inspiring kids and competing in sports made Special Olympics a very easy choice to help out.”Mayfield said being around children and young adults with disabilities and other challenges gives him perspective — and appreciation.“I’m so blessed to be in the position that I’m in,” he said. “It makes me think that there are no bad days. I need to be thankful for what I have and when I’m around kids like that, they always find a way to put a smile on my face when they have absolutely every reason not to do that. And to me, that’s inspiring. That’s finding the good in every situation, the positives in every situation that you can and it’s so much fun to see.”Mayfield launched the initiative during his bye week with the Browns https://www.brownsfanshop.com/Ricardo-Louis-Jersey , who selected him with the No. 1 overall pick in this year’s NFL draft. Mayfield had his best game as a pro last week, throwing three touchdown passes as Cleveland beat Atlanta 28-16 to snap a four-game losing streak.It’s been a bumpy first NFL season for both Mayfield and the Browns, who are undergoing more change following coach Hue Jackson’s recent firing.But Mayfield has long-suffering Cleveland fans feeling good about the team’s future, especially because it appears the Browns finally have found a franchise quarterback.For Mayfield, the adversity is nothing new. He battled to win a starting job in high school and then walked on at both Texas Tech and Oklahoma before winning the Heisman Trophy.Obstacles are nothing new, and in some ways, he feels coming to Cleveland and helping the Browns was destined.“I think everything happens for a reason,” he said. “I love a good challenge. I think it’s been everything that I’ve gone through, the lessons I’ve learned and the things that I’ll continue to learn now that I’m here. Yeah, I think it’s absolutely meant to be, and I couldn’t be happier to have an opportunity to change it.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor