Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

MANCHESTER, England - Rio Ferdinand brought his trophy-filled, 12-year stay at Manchester United to an end on Monday by announc

in Bundespolitik 22.10.2019 05:15
von jokergreen0220 • 1.793 Beiträge

MANCHESTER, England - Rio Ferdinand brought his trophy-filled, 12-year stay at Manchester United to an end on Monday by announcing he would be leaving Old Trafford to continue his playing career. Wade Baldwin Jersey . The 35-year-old Ferdinand, who became Englands most expensive player when he joined United from Leeds for 29.1 million pounds in 2002, has not been offered an extension to his contract that expires next month. He suggested, however, that his departure was on his own terms, saying in a statement: "I have thought long and hard over the last few months about my future, and after 12 fantastic years playing, for what I regard, as the best club in the world, I have decided the time is right for me to move on." A tall, elegant, ball-playing defender, Ferdinand made 454 appearances for United — his last coming in the 1-1 draw at Southampton on Sunday in the final match of the season. He had been marginalized by the club this season, making just 14 appearances. Ferdinand won six league titles, two League Cups, one Champions League and a Club World Cup with United and forged one of Premier Leagues great centre-back partnerships with Nemanja Vidic, who will also leave this summer to join Inter Milan. With left back Patrice Evra soon out of contract, too, whoever comes in as the full-time replacement for fired United manager David Moyes faces a huge task to rebuild the defence. Ferdinand has had injury problems in recent years — particularly with his back — and has been following a strict training regime to extend his career, but he signalled he is not ready to retire. "I am feeling fit and healthy, ready for a new challenge and looking forward to whatever the future holds for me," he added in the statement. While Vidic was afforded an emotional farewell at Old Trafford in his final home match, receiving a memento from club great Bobby Charlton before last weeks Premier League game against Hull and a rousing ovation from Uniteds fans, Ferdinand will leave without any ceremony. Sections of the British media reported Monday that Ferdinand was told in the dressing room after the Southampton match that he wouldnt be offered a new deal. "Circumstances didnt allow for me to say goodbye the way I would have liked," he added in the statement, "but Id like to take this opportunity to thank my teammates, staff, the club and the fans for an unbelievable 12 years that Ill never forget. Winning trophies I dreamed about as a kid came true at this great club." The low point of his spell at United undoubtedly came in 2003 when he was banned for eight months after being found guilty of missing a drugs test. But he will be remembered by United fans as one of Alex Fergusons best defensive purchases, despite his hefty price tag, with Ferdinand breaking the mould for English centre backs with his touch, athleticism and ability to play the ball out of the back. Custom Portland Trail Blazers Jerseys . According to various reports, the striker is about to sign a five-and-a-half year extension with Manchester United worth a reported 300,000 pounds a week that would see him at Old Trafford until 2019. Nik Stauskas Jersey . -- San Francisco 49ers offensive co-ordinator Greg Roman is a finalist to replace Joe Paterno at Penn State, his agent said Monday. https://www.blazerslockerroom.com/Jusuf-Nurkic-City-Edition-Jersey/ . The 2014 edition will be the ninth meeting between the Caps and Vikes in a tradition that dates back to 2005. "Since the original Whitecaps, the club has enjoyed fantastic support from fans in Victoria and all across Vancouver Island," said Whitecaps FC president Bob Lenarduzzi.HAMILTON, Ont. -- If the Hamilton Tiger-Cats want to beat the Calgary Stampeders on Saturday night, theyll have to stop the run game. Specifically, they will have to stop Jon Cornish. Watch the Stampeders vs. Tiger-Cats live tonight at 6pm et/3pm pt on TSN and TSN Mobile TV. "What the run game allows them to do is obviously control the clock and keep your offence off the football field," said Ticat head coach Kent Austin on Friday. For the Ticats, Austin said that means being "more efficient" on first downs, and making sure they can sustain long drives. Otherwise, it may be a while before they get the ball back. While the Ticats under Henry Burris have a league-leading passing attack, throwing for 322.8 yards per game, its ground game is lacking. The Ticats have only rushed for an average 84.2 yards per game, second last in the CFL. The Ticat passing game will also face the challenge of operating without its leading receiver, Greg Ellingson, who is reportedly out with a lower-body injury. He will be replaced by rookie Luke Tasker, who was just signed on Sept. 17 and whose father is former Buffalo Bills pro-bowler Steve Tasker. Meanwhile, the Stamps have a more balanced attack, thanks largely to Cornish who is the CFLs second-leading rusher with 1,093 yards to date. Calgary is fifth in average passing yards (263 yards per game) and second in rushing (132 yards per game). Former Ticat Kevin Glenn is back as the starting quarterback for Calgary, in a season where the Stamps have had to rely on all three of its pivots. Glenn spent three years in Hamilton before being traded to Calgary in January 2012. But while Ticat linebacker Jamall Johnson agreed that he may know Glenns tendencies better than most, stopping Cornish is the priority. "First of all, weve got to stop the run," Johnson said. "I think everything they (Calgary) do revolvess around their running back and their running game. Jaylen Hoard Jersey. " Calgary (9-3) has already clinched a playoff berth and sits atop the West Division, one game ahead of B.C. and Saskatchewan heading into this week. They are coming off last weeks 33-27 loss to the Toronto Argonauts. Hamilton (6-6) is second in the East Division, behind Toronto, and is hoping to continue the momentum from a 28-26 victory over the Montreal Alouettes in Moncton. "Right now, just to get on a roll, I think thats the biggest psychological thing that could happen right now because you want to start to peak at the right time," said Burris, who spent a combined 10 years as the Stampeder quarterback before coming to Hamilton and currently leads the league with 3,765 passing yards. The two offences are evenly matched. Calgary is second in the CFL with an average of 377.2 yards per game and Hamilton is third with 375.3 yards per game. The defences are also close in numbers. Calgary is fourth in the league, having allowed 337.4 yards per game while the Hamilton defence is fifth with 359.3 yards allowed. But the Calgary defence also boasts a couple weapons of which Burris, in particular, will have to be aware. They have two of the leagues top-three sack leaders with Charleston Hughes (13) and Cordarro Law (nine), and Fred Bennett has three interceptions, tied for tops in the CFL. The Stamps and the Ticats met in Calgary on Sept. 13 with Calgary squeaking out a 26-22 victory when back-up quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell hit former Ticat receiver Marquay McDaniel for a 15-yard TD late in the fourth. Austin blames mistakes made late in the game that allowed the Stamps to come back. "We left the door open for them and good football teams will take advantage of that," he said. "Youve got to close off a good football team because they will find a way to win." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor