Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

MIAMI -- LeBron James leaped onto a courtside table as the postgame celebration was starting, thumped his chest and punched the

in Bundespolitik 15.01.2018 03:39
von jokergreen0220 • 1.793 Beiträge

MIAMI -- LeBron James leaped onto a courtside table as the postgame celebration was starting, thumped his chest and punched the air. Jorge De La Rosa Jersey . Next stop: The Eastern Conference finals. Again. James scored 29 points, Dwyane Wade added 28 and Ray Allen delivered two huge plays in the final seconds as the Heat rallied to beat the Brooklyn Nets 96-94 on Wednesday night, winning the second-round matchup 4-1. "Its always been like that for us," James said. "Its never easy. Its never easy for us." Sure looks easy, though. It was the 10th straight series win for the two-time defending NBA champions. "When we met the first day for prep we said the No. 1 key, overwhelmingly the No. 1 key in this series, was great mental stability," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "Thats what it was down the stretch ... incredible focus." Incredible defence, too, when it was needed most. Down by eight with less than five minutes left, the Heat forced Brooklyn into nine straight missed shots while peeling off a 12-0 run to take the lead. Allens 3-pointer off an assist by Mario Chalmers with 32 seconds remaining was the go-ahead moment, and the Heat wouldnt trail again. Allen disrupted Joe Johnsons dribble on the games final play, James then swatted the bouncing ball out of everyones reach, time expired -- and the Heat advanced. "Give the Heat credit," Nets coach Jason Kidd said. "They were attacking there in the fourth quarter. We were attacking. Both teams were attacking. They made plays, they made shots and we didnt." Chris Bosh scored 16 and Allen finished with 13 for Miami. Johnson had 34 points, Paul Pierce scored 19 and Deron Williams had 17 for the Nets. Its the sixth trip to the East title series in the last 10 seasons for Miami, which is bidding for a fourth straight trip to the NBA Finals -- something only the Lakers and Celtics franchises have accomplished. James is heading to the East finals for the sixth time in eight seasons, the first two of those trips coming with Cleveland in 2007 and 2009. The Heat will next face either fifth-seeded Washington or top-seeded Indiana. The Pacers lead that series 3-2, one win away from setting up a rematch with Miami that seemed like an absolute certainty for much of the season. "Obviously, we thought this was a game we should have won," Johnson said. Brooklyn led 49-42 at the half, with Miami missing 15 of its first 16 tries from 3-point range. The Nets closed the half on an 8-0 run and the lone bright spot in the opening 24 minutes for Miami was Wade, who had 20 points -- more than any other two players to that point combined -- on 7-for-12 shooting. "He has a way, right? Hes a playoff warrior," Spoelstra said. Eventually, barely, Miami broke through. But it took most of the second half to get there, since whenever Miami tried to put together a run Brooklyn found a way to keep things together. -- A layup from James late in the third got the Heat within three; a minute later, the margin was eight again. -- A free throw from James with 9:03 left cut Brooklyns lead to 77-73; less than a minute later, it was 82-73 after a 3-pointer by Pierce. -- A 3-pointer by Bosh made it a four-point game again; two Brooklyn possessions and zero Miami stops later, it was 86-78 after a sensational step-back jumper by Johnson. And when Johnson connected on another tough shot with 4:49 left, it was 91-83 and the Nets could sense that the night would be theirs. Then the Heat scored the next 12 points, and that was enough. Barely, but enough. "For us, it was just about getting stops," Wade said. "We knew offensively that we needed to execute, but we knew we werent going to win the game unless we got some stops." For the Nets, more than $180 million in salary and luxury tax was supposed to bring a championship. Instead, billionaire owner Mikhail Prokhorov got only a trip to the second round as his return on a massive investment. Brooklyn lost centre Brook Lopez to a broken foot after 17 games, struggled through the first two months of the season, then turned it on after Jan. 1. "We fought back and hung in there this year," Williams said. "A lot of people counted us out." Some big decisions -- mainly regarding the futures of Pierce and Kevin Garnett -- will have to be made by the Nets. Pierce will be a free agent; Garnett has a year left on his deal, though its been speculated he will consider retirement. Garnett left without comment. "Emotions are too fresh right now," Pierce said. Miamis future is more clear. The East finals await. NOTES: Wade had 12 points in the first quarter, his highest-scoring output from an opening period in his last 179 regular-season and playoff games. ... Both of Johnsons 30-point games in these playoffs came on the road. He had 32 at Toronto on April 30. Custom Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys . Even that couldnt slow them down against the New Orleans Hornets. Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook scored 31 points apiece and the Thunder overcame injuries to two key backups to beat New Orleans 101-93 Monday night for their 10th straight home win. Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys . Minutes before the final whistle of Sporting Kansas Citys 3-0 victory over a shorthanded Montreal Impact squad on Saturday afternoon, Saputo tweeted: "Our fans deserve better. http://www.diamondbacksapparelsshop.com/zack-greinke-jersey-c-5/ . Messis 75th-minute goal answered some of the criticism the clubs all-time leading scorer had received for his lacklustre performances in the teams recent losses in the league, Champions League and Copa del Rey final.NEW YORK, N.Y. - From the moment John Smoltz stood on a chair to place a cap atop 6-foot-10 Randy Johnsons head, it was clear this gathering of baseballs newest Hall of Famers was going to be different than those in past years.I just wanted to be funny, Smoltz said Wednesday at the Waldorf Astoria hotel. Hes 6-10 and he was struggling with his jersey. I was trying to help him with his hat.The always canny Pedro Martinez greeted Craig Biggio with an apology of sorts.Im extremely honoured to be here with all of you. Craig. I know I brushed you back a couple of times. It wasnt intentional, he said.On this day, the fierce competitors were all teammates in jerseys with Hall of Fame in red script stitched across the chest.I still love you, Biggio said. Its OK.There was a lot of love, laughter and admiration among the largest induction class elected by the writers since 1955. Some of the highlights of the nearly hour-long news conference:WHATS A FEW INCHES AMONG FRIENDS?On his connection with former Braves teammates Gregg Maddux and Tom Glavine, who were known for pitching on the corners — sometimes getting a wider strike zone than usual:Everyone kind of assumes the three of us together and links us together, Smoltz said. Everyones feeling is we got 6 inches off the plate. I didnt, by the way. So dont believe that. I didnt. I didnt.Biggio answered Smoltz several minutes later: I agree with John. It wasnt 6 inches off the plate. It was more like 6 to 10.OLD GOATSMartinez on being elected to the Hall, where he visited when he was a young player with the Montreal Expos and had an immediate appreciation of the games history:I couldnt imagine how the game was. I could only wonder, but Im extremely honoured to be going back now, being part of it, being looked at as an old goat. Thats what we all became. We became old goats now. Theyre going to be like, Oh, look, thats Pedro, thats John. That was back then. So we all became old goats after yesterday.FAKING ITSmoltz got some good advice on how to put away batters:I learned it from Tom Glavine who never really showed any emotion, which is the reason why he won 300 games and was a Hall of Famer. I learned if you didnt have what you needed that day, fake it; dont let them know.Johnson had a different take on faking it:For me it was hard to fake. You either saw 95 to 100 (mph) or you didnt. ... The one thing I had going for me is I could throw really hard. I was kind of like that Sports Illustrated story that came out a long time ago (The Curious Case of Sidd Finch from AApril 1, 1985), a kid wearing overalls in a hay field, being able to throw a hundred miles an hour. A. J. Pollock Jersey. That was me. I was like Nuke LaLoosh in Bull Durham that hit the mascot. I was a combination of all that until it finally came together for me.MEMORABILIAAs an 18-year-old playing for the Dodgers rookie team in Great Falls, Montana, Martinez was called up to pitch for Class A Bakersfield in the playoffs, a little more than 100 miles from Dodger Stadium, where his brother Ramon was pitching. Martinez went to visit his brother and came across a memorabilia auction:As a kid, I remember watching Reggie Jackson. He was the only one that could pimp a homer back in those days. ... Ramons friend goes, You want that ball? Im like, Yeah, I would like to have it. You have the 250 bucks? All I had to do was reach in my pocket, pull it out. I knew it was 250. So I was handing it to the person, Here, buy it.No, no, no. You dont get it that way. You sign your name there. If it happens that nobody bets on it, then you get it. All 250 bucks, 1990, that I made in my last 15 days of work in Montana, I paid for a Reggie Jackson signed ball.Smoltz isnt so nostalgic:Im pretty bad at it, Ill admit. I never really asked for autographs growing up. Im better today, but Ive been known to play catch with my 200th win ball with my son. I dont know where a lot of stuff is.NEW YORK, NEW YORKJohnson made his first start after being traded from the Montreal Expos to the Seattle Mariners in the Bronx on May 30, 1989. It didnt take the University of Southern California pitcher long to meet a fellow Trojan — and baseball Hall of Famer:Tom Seaver is walking behind me as Im going into the clubhouse with my suitcase. I played for the legendary college coach Rod Dedeaux at USC. He called everybody Tiger. ... Its also a calling card that when you hear someone say Tiger to you. You know thats USC alumni baseball. Tom Seaver yelled out, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger, you cant be carrying your own bags. Youre pitching today. ... I went on to win that game. But more importantly someone of that stature, who Ive become friends with now since then, the great Tom Seaver, helped me with my suitcase on my pitching day in Yankee Stadium.Johnson ended up pitching for the Yankees from 2005-06, and he got to know several of the teams Hall of Famers:Im good friends with Reggie Jackson. He called me asking: Randy, how did you get more votes to the Hall of Fame than I did? I mean, who does that? Friends do. Reggies the greatest. I love Reggie. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor