Hinweis: Durch Einloggen werden die Regeln akzeptiert.

CHICAGO -- Yadier Molina had a simple goal for his ninth-inning at-bat with the bases loaded and the score tied on Sunday. [url=

in Bundespolitik 12.12.2018 09:48
von jokergreen0220 • 1.793 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Yadier Molina had a simple goal for his ninth-inning at-bat with the bases loaded and the score tied on Sunday. Authentic Nick Cousins Jersey . "I was looking not to strike out," he said. After fouling off some tough two-strike pitches, Molina hit a ground-ball single up the middle to drive in two runs and the St. Louis Cardinals snapped out of an offensive funk with a 5-4 victory over the Chicago Cubs. "I got a little lucky that they were playing me to pull," Molina said. "It was a good at-bat. I was able to put the ball in play and good things happened." The defending National League champions had lost four of five to fall a game below .500. The Cardinals scored all their runs with two outs. Molina, moved into the No. 2 spot to jump start the lineup, was 0 for 4 before coming through in the ninth. But it was a wild pitch in the seventh inning that allowed the Cubs to tie the score at 3 that had Molina more frustrated. The pitch from reliever Carlos Martinez was in the dirt and trickled through Molinas legs, allowing Luis Valbuena to score. "I was there," Molina said. "I dont know. Its one of those things. I was ready for it and the ball still goes through my legs." Kevin Siegrist (1-1) got the win in relief, while Trevor Rosenthal picked up his eighth save in as many opportunities despite a scare in the ninth inning. Hector Randon (0-1) took the loss for the Cubs, who were attempting to win four straight games for the first time since July. While Cardinals manager Mike Matheny had looked for Molina, one of his hottest hitters, to get the offence going, it was a couple of struggling batters at the bottom of the lineup that got things started early. With two outs in the second inning and Jhonny Peralta on first base, Randal Grichuk drilled a triple into the right-centre field gap for a 1-0 lead. Mark Ellis, who went 3 for 4, followed with a double to left-centre to make it 2-0. Both Grichuk (.167) and Ellis (.143) entered hitting well below .200. St. Louis stretched the lead to 3-0 in the third as Matt Adams doubled home Matt Holiday. The Cubs pulled within 3-2 in the fourth with some clutch two-out hitting. With one out, Ryan Kalish singled and John Baker walked. After a groundout moved the runners to second and third, Cubs starter Jason Hammel singled to right to drive in both. Molinas go-ahead single to centre came on the sixth pitch of the at-bat from Randon. "I thought I made a good pitch today, but something happened," Randon said. Molina seemed more relieved that the wild pitch wasnt a factor than he drove in the game-deciding runs. "(Molina) does a good job of not wearing his emotions and how frustrating that is for him," Matheny said. "Its hard to count the number of balls he keeps in front of him, the number of runs he saves. Its something we dont take for granted." Valbuena doubled in a run with two outs in the ninth to make it 5-4, but Rosenthal got Anthony Rizzo to ground out to end the game. "Guys kept grinding it out," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said. "We just fell a little short." NOTES: The ESPN broadcast team of Dan Shulman and John Kruk worked from the bleachers. ... While making a rehab start Sunday with Double A Springfield, LHP Jaime Garcia (shoulder) was hit by a pitch on the left elbow and left after two innings and 28 pitches. "I think they went in and took precautionary X-rays," Matheny said. "I havent heard anything back yet." ... In the same game, RHP Jason Motte threw a scoreless inning, striking out three, in his first rehab outing. ... Rizzo entered with a .429 on-base percentage, which was fifth-best in the National League. ... The Cards open a series in Atlanta on Monday, with RHP Shelby Miller (3-2) facing RHP Aaron Harang, while the Cubs host the crosstown White Sox with RHP Jeff Samardzija (0-3) going up against LHP Jose Quintana (1-2). Authentic Dylan Strome Jersey .Martin Caceres marked his return from injury by scoring in the 3-1 win at Napoli and he believes Juventus sent out a warning to the rest of the league with that result.We go out on the pitch every game looking to give our all, Caceres said. Authentic Clayton Keller Jersey . The Toronto Argonauts (11-7) look for an opportunity to repeat as CFL champions when they host the surging Hamilton Tiger-Cats (10-8) on Sunday. http://www.cheapcoyotesjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-alex-galchenyuk-jersey . Wheeler scored at 4:58 of overtime, with Scheifele getting an assist, and the Jets beat the slumping Colorado Avalanche 2-1 on Sunday night.Winnipeg, MB (SportsNetwork.com) - Jon Cornish rushed for 160 yards and a touchdown, as the Calgary Stampeders clinched first place in the Western Division with a 33-23 victory over the Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Investors Group Field. Cornish did his damage on 21 carries for Calgary (13-2), which won its second straight West title. Bo Levi Mitchell completed 18-of-28 passes for 258 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions, with Anthony Parker (eight receptions, 71 yards) his leading reading receiver. Paris Cotton racked up 108 yards and two scores on 14 attempts as Winnipeg (6-10) was eliminated from playoff contention. Brian Brohm was 14-of-23 for 194 yards, while Robert Marve (5-of-10, 64 yards) also saw time under center. The Stamps got out to a 14-0 lead less than nine minutes into the game. Mitchell hooked up with Brad Sinopoli for a 25-yard touchdown pass on the games opening drive. The signal caller tossed a 51-yard scoring strike to Joe West less than three minutes later. The Bombers got on the board with a 26-yard field goal by Lirim Hajrullahu with 2:01 left in the first quarter. Calgary added a single at the end of the frame to make it 15-3. Hajrullahu knocked through another field goal early in the second quarter (29 yards). The rest of the half was quiet, with the only other score coming on a single from Calgary, as the visitors carried a 16-6 lead into the halftime locker room. Authentic Vinnie Hinostroza Jersey. Winnipeg chipped away at its deficit with a single early in the third quarter, but Calgary responded on its ensuing drive with a 1-yard touchdown run by Drew Tate. Calgary gave the ball back to Winnipeg late in the third quarter after conceding a safety. The Bombers made the Stamps pay a few minutes later with a 35-yard run by Cotton to get within one score, 23-16. The Stamps made their lead 10 early in the fourth on a 41-yard field goal by Parades, but the Bombers kept the game close on their next drive with another touchdown run by Cotton, this time from 10 yards out. Nursing a three-point lead, Calgary retained possession with under five minutes to play and marched down the field to seal the win with a 9-yard touchdown run by Cornish. Game Notes Calgary has secured a first-round bye and will host the West Final on Nov. 23 ... The Stamps are now 8-0 after a bye week under coach John Hufnagel ... Clarence Denmark had a game-high 86 receiving yards on just three catches for Winnipeg ... Brohm made his first career start for the injured Drew Willy ... The Bombers have lost seven in a row. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bill74
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2199 Themen und 2299 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor